Do you think the Lion King remake is worser than the original?

Nightwarrior95

I think that it changed a lot, to keep up with the times mostly. I didn’t really expect that, it it’s common for Disney to do, so I should have. They are usually on the up & up. I would have preferred the songs to stay the same, but they weren’t too bad and the pumba song was actually an improvement. I believe I said all of this in the Lion King thread

I’ve honestly been avoiding Disney’s live action remakes as I just don’t see the point in most cases. Though I did enjoy Maleficent as it was pretty much an entirely different story.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

I’ve honestly been avoiding Disney’s live action remakes as I just don’t see the point in most cases. Though I did enjoy Maleficent as it was pretty much an entirely different story.

Maleficent is my favorite 😍

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Seshi said:

I think that it changed a lot, to keep up with the times mostly. I didn’t really expect that, it it’s common for Disney to do, so I should have. They are usually on the up & up. I would have preferred the songs to stay the same, but they weren’t too bad and the pumba song was actually an improvement. I believe I said all of this in the Lion King thread

Disney are kings at using nostalgia when making movies..at this point, they will remake everything. But what they should do is remake Avatar the last airbender..I would actually pay to go to the cinema to watch that. The songs should definitely have stayed the same..especially the hakuna matata song 

2 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

They aren't that bad..there have been worse like the live action remake of Death Note for the Netflix one..bleugh!  I can't remember what Maleficent was about

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nightwarrior95 said:

I can't remember what Maleficent was about

spacer.png

Angelina Jolie as the antagonist from Sleeping Beauty telling her side of the story. There’s supposed to be a sequel in the works, but I’m apprehensive

Edited by Ohiotaku

7 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

spacer.png

Angelina Jolie as the antagonist from Sleeping Beauty telling her side of the story. There’s supposed to be a sequel in the works, but I’m apprehensive

Same for the sequel.. but you never know, it could be a pleasant surprise like this one was.

• Agree 1

• 2 years later...

I actually enjoyed the remake, I spent most of my time just waiting for Donald Glover's voice though! 🤣

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I really liked the remake but I don't think anything can beat the original. The original movie was one of my favorites as a kid and I went through the whole having everything in my room Lion King phase when I was younger and obsessed with the movie as a kid lol ~ so nothing can really beat that for me.