Jump to content
Nightwarrior95

Do you think the Lion King remake is worser than the original?

Recommended Posts

I watched the remake of the Lion King and felt it didn't live up to the expectations. The timon and pumba characters were okay but the Nala one..Beyonce should stick to singing, voice acting is a no go zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that it changed a lot, to keep up with the times mostly. I didn’t really expect that, it it’s common for Disney to do, so I should have. They are usually on the up & up. I would have preferred the songs to stay the same, but they weren’t too bad and the pumba song was actually an improvement. I believe I said all of this in the Lion King thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve honestly been avoiding Disney’s live action remakes as I just don’t see the point in most cases. Though I did enjoy Maleficent as it was pretty much an entirely different story.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

I’ve honestly been avoiding Disney’s live action remakes as I just don’t see the point in most cases. Though I did enjoy Maleficent as it was pretty much an entirely different story.

Maleficent is my favorite 😍

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seshi said:

I think that it changed a lot, to keep up with the times mostly. I didn’t really expect that, it it’s common for Disney to do, so I should have. They are usually on the up & up. I would have preferred the songs to stay the same, but they weren’t too bad and the pumba song was actually an improvement. I believe I said all of this in the Lion King thread

Disney are kings at using nostalgia when making movies..at this point, they will remake everything. But what they should do is remake Avatar the last airbender..I would actually pay to go to the cinema to watch that. The songs should definitely have stayed the same..especially the hakuna matata song 

2 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

I’ve honestly been avoiding Disney’s live action remakes as I just don’t see the point in most cases. Though I did enjoy Maleficent as it was pretty much an entirely different story.

They aren't that bad..there have been worse like the live action remake of Death Note for the Netflix one..bleugh!  I can't remember what Maleficent was about

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nightwarrior95 said:

I can't remember what Maleficent was about

spacer.png

Angelina Jolie as the antagonist from Sleeping Beauty telling her side of the story. There’s supposed to be a sequel in the works, but I’m apprehensive

Edited by Ohiotaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

spacer.png

Angelina Jolie as the antagonist from Sleeping Beauty telling her side of the story. There’s supposed to be a sequel in the works, but I’m apprehensive

Same for the sequel.. but you never know, it could be a pleasant surprise like this one was.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I imagine it would follow the plot of the Broadway musical. I think the next Maleficent is supposed to follow the darker side of her story.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Anime Forums

A unique community of fans from around the world, who gather to share their fandom and love of anime, manga, gaming, fanart and at the cornerstone of it all, Japanese culture!

Take a moment to join us today and you'll have access to our member clubs and events too. Come join in the fun and become a part of our community.
insta-1

twit
×
×
  • Create New...