coffee or tea

Nova

5 hours ago, ashen_rust said:

coffee because tea is often too dull, but I do like chai.

Chai Tea is one of my favorites! Its so spicy and decadent. Which is your favorite chai? Spiced chai. or vanilla chai?

19 minutes ago, FeelsGudManINC said:

I love English breakfast tea

Earl Grey is what I used to drink all the time, is this the English breakfast tea you get? 

I switched to PG tips, because of a friends recommendation (she's British, cant say no to that influence) XD

23 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I switched to PG tips, because of a friends recommendation (she's British, cant say no to that influence) XD

Yeah, PG tips is one of the best, your friend has good taste. Yorkshire Tea and Twinings are also good.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2019 at 12:47 PM, Illusion of Terra said:

Tea all the way (the non-bitter ones). Coffee is bitter so it's automatically on the 'do-not-consume-list' 😂

Chai tea isn’t bitter cuz of all the sugar 🤤 coffee can be the same way... also it really depends on how it’s brewed and which tea or bean you choose and it’s fermentation process. Some teas are naturally mild, same with coffee if it’s brewed lightly or cold brew might even be more palatable for you. Jasmine tea for instance is a milder blend of green tea and jasmine, you might like it, it tastes flowery.

On 9/9/2019 at 4:48 AM, Kazuto Kirigaya said:

I drink tea more than coffee, as for why it's just part of every day life for me.

And I like you for that. Let’s enjoy tea together ☕️ 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Chai tea isn’t bitter cuz of all the sugar 🤤 coffee can be the same way... also it really depends on how it’s brewed and which tea or bean you choose and it’s fermentation process. Some teas are naturally mild, same with coffee if it’s brewed lightly or cold brew might even be more palatable for you. Jasmine tea for instance is a milder blend of green tea and jasmine, you might like it, it tastes flowery.

I have yet to try a non-bitter coffee. Even if something is just slightly bitter, I taste it intensified. Don't really know why but it's been like this ever since I can remember. So if there's a completely non-bitter coffee I might give it a try. As for tea, black tea is way too bitter, while green tea is something I could drink. It's not something I enjoy but at least I can drink it 😂 I drink 'tea' made from other stuff than tea plants (although white tea if made properly works as well). Never tried jasmine, but would be interesting in combination with white tea. Might give this a try coming winter!

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Tea hands down in particular arboreal teas. I love spiced tea, and it pretty much flows through my vanes. With that said I do really like coffee though I am far pickier with how I make coffee.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Coffee 100%  only because I was not allowed to drink it as a kid, but my dad always drank it.  Usually instant.  I prefer the brewed kind, hot or iced.  Sometimes I will mix it up and try Korean or Vietnamese coffee which usually is instant.  I would like to try tea they way the English do.  I hear it is different then our Texas tea.☕

• 3 weeks later...

Both!!! First off. I'm a 5 minute steeper. Need that caffeine. Secondly I like coffee and tea in two ways. Not tasty- and tasty- Black coffee espressos etc... my brain likes but my 5tongue doesn't.  Same with the less flavorful herbal teas. Currently been having a vanilla chai tea with a dash of coconut coffee creamer. It's delicious 

18 hours ago, Endynyp said:

Lol. @Illusion of Terra Not as stressed out as I'd be with caffeine withdrawals and it keeps other people from stressing out too. No one should have to experience me without caffeine. ;)

@Faeding Welcome to the cult! Muahahaha. Though I feel honor-bound to tell you, herbal teas generally don't have any caffeine in them. 

Very interesting!I usually check the packs to make sure but I'll have to check now!! Thank you

• Like 1

People say that coffee is dehydrating because of the caffeine (as a diuretic) which would apply equally to both coffee and tea. However, neither tea nor coffee are dehydrating. Caffeine is a mild diuretic (which makes you pee) and it is a stimulant (which drives you to poop) but it does not dehydrate you. A diuretic causes your kidneys to flush excess water and sodium out of your body, but your body will obtain more water from tea and coffee than it expels. If you are counting your daily 8 glasses of water (which you shouldn't, but that is another story) tea and coffee should absolutely count towards your total. :D 

Image result for the more you know meme

• Informative 1

13 hours ago, Endynyp said:

People say that coffee is dehydrating because of the caffeine (as a diuretic) which would apply equally to both coffee and tea. However, neither tea nor coffee are dehydrating. Caffeine is a mild diuretic (which makes you pee) and it is a stimulant (which drives you to poop) but it does not dehydrate you. A diuretic causes your kidneys to flush excess water and sodium out of your body, but your body will obtain more water from tea and coffee than it expels. If you are counting your daily 8 glasses of water (which you shouldn't, but that is another story) tea and coffee should absolutely count towards your total. :D 

Image result for the more you know meme

I like this a lot >.> but I think the reason its considered dehydrating is that caffeine is a vaso restrictor making your blood vessels smaller carrying less oxygen and and water?  Could be 100% wrong though  

AE3803.png

On 10/7/2019 at 11:32 PM, Wedgy said:

None of the above! As @Endynyp pointed out, coffee and tea are not dehydrating as they do by principle contain some amount of water in them. If you're feeling dehydrated when you drink caffeine, the culprit is not what you are drinking, but rather what you are not drinking. Simply put, despite containing some amount of water, any beverage that isn't water doesn't have enough to fill your tank, so to speak. 

Nicely put!!!

On 10/9/2019 at 2:22 AM, KeyDee said:

Simple, I'd choose Coffee. I haven't tried tea in my life, how does it even taste?

There is a wide variety of tastes that accompany tea. It's like wine, it comes in different varietals, and production factors like terrior, leaf selection, and processing can have an enormous influence on taste. Simply put, there is such an enormous variety that I can assure you that there is a tea for nearly everyone.  

• Like 1