Halloween ๐ŸŽƒ

Seshi

Young Frankenstein is on the list for me, even if it's NOT Halloween. LOL. I'm planning to go to Halloween Horror Nights sometime before the big night, then on Halloween I'm handing out candy and watching all manner of spooky movies! XD

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Planning to see Spirted Away at the movies, but havenโ€™t decided whether to go to the dub version Sunday afternoon or the subtitled version Halloween night.

Edited by Ohayotaku

I wasnโ€™t even aware that new episodes of The Simpsons were still being made, despite being a ย fan back in the day. Thinking I need to check this out though.

Thatโ€™s supposed to be Lisa, btwย ๐Ÿคฏย (getting Satoko from Higurashi vibes from her design)

Edited by Ohayotaku

Ahh, Halloween...An excitement as a child, but now, I love the spooks, the edginess, the darkness, but - I have a distaste for trick or treating.ย 

Not that I do it anymore, but, here's the main thing - when my niece comes over (she's 5) we take her out to walk around to get some candy in her bucket/bag. And I don't mind, but the dreadful feeling of getting out of the house and walking for 2 hours straight is dreadful...if you ask me.ย 
So this year, I'm just taking the time to be the one to GIVE out candy to the little ones, I'll probably dress up in my akatsuki cloak again, as I did last year, because prices for costumes are OUTRAGEOUS - and see where that goes.ย 

As I stated, I LOVE the holiday, dislike the work that comes with it.ย 
(Christmas on the other hand...the suspense is to die for ;)ย can't wait!)

Trick or Treating with my friends & the Halloween party at the small local library is a wonderful memory from my childhood. Was actually looking forward to having my turn to hand out candy after moving from the country to a small town, but have barely had anyone show up in our neighborhood sinceย ๐Ÿ˜ฅย Still put up some outdoor decorations (more quirky than actually scary though). As mentioned earlier, will probably go to see Spirited Away at the cinema, but just wear one of my tโ€™s or hoodies that feel appropriate (JJK, Demon Slayer, Beetlejuice, Friday the 13th, etc). Only other plan is Iโ€™ll probably binge Lunar Legend Tsukihime over the weekend.

• 11 months later...

Iโ€™ve seen some folks had Halloween decorations up as soon as school started back up, so Iโ€™m not early alright? If anything Iโ€™m lateย ๐Ÿ‘ป

spacer.png

Edited by Ohayotaku

7 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

Iโ€™ve seen some folks had Halloween decorations up as soon as school started back up, so Iโ€™m not early alright? If anything Iโ€™m lateย ๐Ÿ‘ป

From what I've seen in the big-box stores around here, they're mostly skipping Halloween, minus the candy aisles, and going straight to Christmas.... I'm not ready for it.... ๐Ÿ˜ญ

4 minutes ago, viruxx said:

From what I've seen in the big-box stores around here, they're mostly skipping Halloween, minus the candy aisles, and going straight to Christmas.... I'm not ready for it.... ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Iโ€™m definitely not ready for winter ๐Ÿฅถย 

And if youโ€™re buying Halloween candy in September, itโ€™s not for Trick or Treatersย ๐Ÿ˜‹

Trickortreat.thumb.jpg.158e2c4f8b86ff2f207b632cf1713160.jpg

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Iโ€™m definitely not ready for winter ๐Ÿฅถย 

Neither am I. Winter is my least favourite season.

3 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

And if youโ€™re buying Halloween candy in September, itโ€™s not for Trick or Treatersย ๐Ÿ˜‹

Halloween isn't widely celebrated here in the UK. It seems to be mostly driven by shops who take the opportunity to sell cheap tat at high prices.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Iโ€™m definitely not ready for winter ๐Ÿฅถ

While I prefer the cooler temperatures of autumn or early spring, I don't mind winter so much. Between summer heat or winter cold, I'd take winter every time. Of course, who knows if winters around here will ever be as cold as they once were?

13 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

I'm just doing a little QC work ahead of time, is all. Can't be giving bad candy to the kids, now can we? So far, further testing is required. ๐Ÿคฃ

• Funny 1

The purchase of large skeletons from home depot and lowes has commenced. They are starting to sprout around me. The horror of seeing multiple extra large skellies with nowhere noticeable to store them for the next season. Impulse buys to decorate your lawn. Some are riding a rusted out dodge truck, others looming over the flowerbed staring at the mail carrier. Who knows where these constructs of human ostentation will end up in the end but for now they loom over us. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

• Wow 1

20 minutes ago, Key Visual said:

The purchase of large skeletons from home depot and lowes has commenced. They are starting to sprout around me. The horror of seeing multiple extra large skellies with nowhere noticeable to store them for the next season. Impulse buys to decorate your lawn. Some are riding a rusted out dodge truck, others looming over the flowerbed staring at the mail carrier. Who knows where these constructs of human ostentation will end up in the end but for now they loom over us. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Thereโ€™s no stopping The Rumblingย 

while the skeletonโ€™s are the most common, thereโ€™s a house I drive past on my commute that ย has what looks like an Ent with a jack oโ€™lantern head thatโ€™s the same size (guessing around 15โ€™) in their yard

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...