I still think Death Note is the best anime to exist..or do you disagree?

Nightwarrior95

The plot...the plot..the plot. I really loved this anime because of that along with the twists, mind games and strategies that both L and Light Yagami used to get an advantage over the other. The only thing that has come close to that in my opinion is Liar Game which should definitely get an anime adaptation.

• Like 2

I wouldn't call it the best anime ever. The 2nd part of the show is kind of meh. And I've heard Monster is better. Though I haven't had time to watch Monster yet.  

Death note also cut out some parts from the manga, and some of the stuff cut out from the manga doesn't make sense. Like why cut out what happens to Misa at the end? 

I could name some animes better then death note, like jojo's bizarre adventure, one punch man, my hero academia, Mai-hime, cowboy bebop, vandread, magi the kingdom of magic, ghost in the shell, yu yu hakusho, i was reincarnated as a slime, fullmetal alchemist. Just to name a few. 

Edited by Serge heartless

I think, as @Nightwarrior95 pointed out, for most, it is considered to be the GOAT. It says so on ratings at least. I made a separate post about this topic earlier this year. 

However, I do agree that the second half of the anime wasn’t as good as the first, well for me, and I guess you, so maybe others too.

You have to remember Death Note got a lot of views at the time of the emo kid, and hot topic kid movement. Which a lot of them liked death note. Since Light  also acted pretty emo. So I'm guessing it did a lot better in America then Japan. 

If you are only going by ratings DBZ would be the best anime ever. Though I don't agree ratings=means best anime. 

52 minutes ago, Serge heartless said:

If you are only going by ratings DBZ would be the best anime ever. Though I don't agree ratings=means best anime. 

Oh, I totally agree, the best anime IMO aren't even on the ranked best list.

Not sure if it's the greatest of all time. I would have to say DBZ would probably be that just because of the fact that if it weren't for DBZ airing in the U.S. (as well as other countries) anime probably wouldn't be as popular as it is now here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Serge heartless said:

I wouldn't call it the best anime ever. The 2nd part of the show is kind of meh. And I've heard Monster is better. Though I haven't had time to watch Monster yet.  

Death note also cut out some parts from the manga, and some of the stuff cut out from the manga doesn't make sense. Like why cut out what happens to Misa at the end? 

I could name some animes better then death note, like jojo's bizarre adventure, one punch man, my hero academia, Mai-hime, cowboy bebop, vandread, magi the kingdom of magic, ghost in the shell, yu yu hakusho, i was reincarnated as a slime, fullmetal alchemist. Just to name a few. 

True..the second part was off after L died and was replaced by Near..but for me in my opinion, it left a huge impression as it was the first anime I watched

19 hours ago, Nightwarrior95 said:

True..the second part was off after L died and was replaced by Near..but for me in my opinion, it left a huge impression as it was the first anime I watched

Still every time I watch Death Note, I wish they didn't add Mello. The character just feels like he doesn't belong in the show. And he doesn't seem like someone L would teach, I doubt L could stand him at all. Don't know why, but I hate Mello. 

As for Near, hes just kind of a bland character, like a bad version of L. 

Some animes are just better left as Mangas, im sure death note manga is a lot better. Though for a anime to be the best ever, has to have very few flaws or no flaws at all. And Death Note has a lot of flaws, mostly in the 2nd part has a lot.  The 1st part of the show had a good flow, then it just becomes chaos in the 2nd part.  Even Vandread which has crap for 3d animation has a lot better flow, and better 2nd part of the show. 

Edited by Serge heartless
  • Like 1

I enjoyed both the anime and the manga...but personally I did prefer the manga XD I know, I know, so many people say that.

For me, I didn't like how...dramatized some scenes were. I didn't feel it was necessary to keep one's attention, and while that works for some anime, I didn't feel it was the right mood for the subject. Like...a serious scene in the manga, the whole "potato chip bag" scene, was much more suspenseful, I feel, than the anime.

When I saw the same scene in the anime, I laughed so hard...and it was NOT a laughing moment XD Then I groaned. To be fair, I did like the anime, but the way it altered the ending...I feel it heralded Light too much. I feel the manga handled it much better...

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Tristan (๑╹ω╹๑ ) said:

Well I preferred the manga, but i still really appreciate the anime. I don't really think its the BEST, but top 3 for sure. I like Naruto and Sword art online better. (Don't hate me!) 

No judgement from me 😁 even tho I can’t stand SAO. I understand the appeal.

• 2 weeks later...

I do think it was definitely one of the best I've watched ^^ I'm actually rewatching this now over the past month and I had forgotten how good it really was and how much I had enjoyed it.