Open Club  ·  47 members

Poetry Club

Crossroads of the Double-minded

SAO LILDOOP

Title: Crossroads of the Double-minded 

My tears trace my face enraptured in this ebony embrace, 

Darkness' descendant, tears of this revenant fall for yon onyx mynx, 

heaven's charcoal half-smile displaced by a mile, her tangible essence departed the present, 

nods, the future does he with smile mixed, hate with irreverent joy, perpetuating endless bliss, 

no tears will fall, not under his call for eternity belongs to he whom holds the key, 

and by what power can tears preserve forever? To what end might I preserve this hopeless, feverous endevour?

I call upon my inner demon, the scourge whom within hides, fingernails pressed against my wild-eyes, 

surprise, feel ye the surmise of destiny, see ye her fruits, be ye yet so wise? 

Your own heart does inside you God despise, within your blood murmur the spies, 

within your belly hell does sleep and from your mouth do its curses seep, 

wailing and gnashing of teeth, a life of torture you would bequeath to thine own soul? 

Is this what it is to be mortal? Oh how I love the charcoal, the lick of her breath upon my neck, 

the kiss of her lips upon my chest, the unknowable nature of her person, 

oh why, doth the mother now become the sinner? Doth the birth now become the sin?

Darkness before whom existed I, I fair thee well and pray thee better as you die, 

I clench my teeth, draw upon my carnal code and tie this fetter, break the mold, 

I brand my soul with the thought of you, the pitch-dark beauty of which none ever knew, 

I honor you in your death and find thee well in your revisitation of God's holy breath, 

an inhale of the beginning beckoning forth the exhale of the eternal, 

bare thy teeth as they gnash in hell infernal, as my heart does harden and for you beg no pardon, 

Satan, my eternal enemy. Sin, my eternal friend. Yet in the end every knee will bend,

Why do I mourn your wicked scorn, your two-faced malice, your defiled chalice? 

Why do I God's grace lessen, why must I abide the inhuman? 

No choice have I, for all must die. Sorcery, a pheromone, the ghost of you chills skin and bone, 

Oh God my light, oh God my love, accept me into thine arms above, 

but let me not forget the grace in which I dined under darkness embrace, 

nor let me flee from mine agony, encumber not mine idolatry, 

for your face does shine, yes, as the sun, but her face quoth, "to me my son", 

We will forever be as one. This human nature, the sable allure, harkens me closer, am I so pure?

My heart does ache, the sun doth break, insurgence beneath my bellyache, 

two sides do strike, one side must fall, hear ye now the trumpets call? 

Seven on high, foot from the sky, sever my eye, blood dripping, death nigh, 

a two-edged sword do I behold, time be it now to make myself bold, 

accept I my exile alone with the lonely, flesh dripping down, bloody and boney? 

Oh Lord Jesus Christ son of God have mercy on me, for no longer doth time provide me sanctuary...

Edited by SAO LILDOOP
  • Creative 1