Founders Webtoon & Projects You Discontinued

Ryan Dave Jimenez

I've been gone from AF for about 2 months, and it seems there are some new things added.

Like this club which I really like. Because it seems there are members who do work on creative projects.

So post only finished projects here, I guess my webtoon is considered "finished". Not because it has ended but because I discontinued it. 😁

For some background here is the original thread: 

And here is where you can find the webtoon itself: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/founders/the-routine/viewer?title_no=300915&episode_no=1&fbclid=IwAR3ak3JLWBbEl9MCPI6caO3b1mfyn4FKu0uCGKkZmYl2ez2PN17UPk8b2QQ

I decided to stop making the project as it seemed I was the only person interested in a webtoon or anime about tech startups.

(Aside from the few supportive members here in AF who were kind enough to check it out)

And that's a common mistake. We tend to think that since we like Thing A, that the whole world must also like Thing A.

And most of the time, that's not the case.

This got me thinking, as a fellow creator, what are projects you've discontinued and why?

• Like 1

I’m sorry you’ve had a lack of interest going forward, I really thought your concept was unique. 

A while back I was writing a story that I discontinued because aside from the initial intro, I had no idea what to do with the actual bulk of the story. So, I ended up just keeping the intro as a short story on its own and abandoning the further continuation.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Too bad, but this happens. Who knows, maybe at some point you might continue it or make a new one about the idea. I did find the concept interesting :) 

Yup. That's why I don't really throw away ideas or projects, I just shelf them. Maybe someday it can evolve into something else.

20 hours ago, Seshi said:

A while back I was writing a story that I discontinued because aside from the initial intro, I had no idea what to do with the actual bulk of the story. So, I ended up just keeping the intro as a short story on its own and abandoning the further continuation.

Wow. That's not a bad strategy. I should give that a try sometimes. Sometimes reducing something actually makes it more.