Pumpkin Recipes

Seshi

Pumpkin recipes are trending as everyone prepares for the coming of Fall, where we spend more time enjoying the company of our family and friends in our cozy houses, warming up with a home cooked meal and perhaps some creative treats - if you’re lucky 😉

What are some of your go-to pumpkin recipes? Anything you’ve tried in the past that you don’t deviate from?

I must admit, my knowledge of pumpkin recipes is pretty slim, so I’m hoping you’ll have something tasty to share with me 😊

I just came across some delicious looking Pumpkin Snickerdoodle cookies, and if there’s one thing I’m confident in baking, it’s cookies! This is one I will try for sure. 

• Like 1

I have a few pumpkin pie recipes but I've never put them head to head against each other. Some of my recipes are old family recipes...

It's A Southern Thing Grandma's Recipes

And baking them really is like in this video! I actually have recipes that state bake in oven until done. No time estimation or anything to go by. You must be a master level cook to pull them off without staring at the oven for over an hour while it bakes. Scribbles for directions even more illegible than a doctor's handwriting 🤯

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I LOVE pumpkin flavored stuff :D There's a pumpkin patch near where my folks live. Just an old couple with small field patch, a wagon, and the honesty system :3 We try to leave more money than requested for the pumpkins, just in case people aren't paying.

I like pumpkin bread and pie especially :D

This is my mom's zucchini bread recipe, tailored for pumpkin (I...uh...am kinda like my grandma and don't always use measurements for everything, so I hope this is the right consistency...)

Pumpkin Bread:

4 Flax "eggs" (1 "egg" = 1 tb ground flax seed+3 tb H2O)
2 c. unbleached sugar (Aldi has morano sugar cheap!)
1 c. oil (can be switched out with applesauce if you care about that thing.)
3 1/2 c. all purpose flour
2 c. fresh or canned pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tb baking soda
1 tb salt
3/4 tb  baking powder
1 tb cinnamon
1 tb vanilla (we make our own, just shove beans in a bottle of vodka and leave 'em for a few months. You can keep refilling with vodka for just about ever XD Cheaper than buying. Have I mentioned we're cheap?)

Mix flax "eggs" with oil/applesauce and sugar in a large bowl.

In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients, then slowly stir them into the wet mix. Don't over stir. Add the pumpkin & vanilla.

Pour into two greased loaf pans (uh...9 x 5? I never measure the loaf pans...but mom wrote it out, sooooo?) Bake on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 55-60 minutes. Do the "knife test" to make sure the middle's cooked. If the knife comes out clean, it's ready to go!

Serve warm, or refrigerate. You can also freeze this recipe, apparently, but ours never lasts that long XD

On 9/9/2019 at 8:08 AM, Seshi said:

Pumpkin recipes are trending as everyone prepares for the coming of Fall, where we spend more time enjoying the company of our family and friends in our cozy houses, warming up with a home cooked meal and perhaps some creative treats - if you’re lucky 😉

What are some of your go-to pumpkin recipes? Anything you’ve tried in the past that you don’t deviate from?

I must admit, my knowledge of pumpkin recipes is pretty slim, so I’m hoping you’ll have something tasty to share with me 😊

I just came across some delicious looking Pumpkin Snickerdoodle cookies, and if there’s one thing I’m confident in baking, it’s cookies! This is one I will try for sure. 

Whhhhhhhaaa? I want to try those flavors!! I never thought of pumpkin snickerdoodles!

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Oohhhh a family recipe!! Eeehhh you’re so kind to us. I will try this one - love me some bread 

3 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

I like pumpkin bread and pie especially :D

This is my mom's zucchini bread recipe, tailored for pumpkin (I...uh...am kinda like my grandma and don't always use measurements for everything, so I hope this is the right consistency...)

Pumpkin Bread:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...