Hakuoki Movie 2

Blue Dragon

Oh! I thought maybe I missed the conversation on this! I didn't see the thread, so I'm going to start this one ^_^ (I wanted to comment sooner, but I'm terrible and didn't get my work done by Saturday like I thought.)

I did like this film, though I was a bit confused. The name problem comes up again for me, since it had been a while since I saw the first one, and I haven't seen the series. I did like the movie, but I don't know if it's the version I watched, or what, but the jumping around at the beginning was a bit confusing.

Everyone got a hair cut, too! What!? I guess it makes sense, but I liked the long hair. I'm really not going to have anything intelligent to add here XD

I am disappointed in Chizuru. I like her, I think she's a kind person, but I feel she was even worse at not being able to fight or defend herself in this film. I don't think she even unsheaths her sword! Why does she have it? Other than to remember her clan, and her father is terrible, and I guess maybe her brother...but he doesn't get much screen time.

I think...my overall take away is I need to watch the series. But I'm still down for the third movie!

Anyone else watch it?

Edit: Also, is everyone okay? I mean, the people who were in the path of the storm? I hope everyone's doing all right!

Edited by Blue Dragon
  • Like 2

Still haven’t done my due diligence on these movies, hopefully I’ll have some down time to do that this week. I won’t say a specific day, since it seems planning for that doesn’t work out all the time 😁

It looks like a great movie, why did they change their hair 😭 I like long hair too, and I’ll bet it was confusing having a long break in between movies to remember who is who as it was. 

• Like 1

Same here. Trying not to look. Haven't had time to watch it yet. Will watch tomorrow but though I have season 2, haven't seen it all the way through (can't remember what came up that pulled me away at the time) so I'm going in this time with virgin eyes hehe.

• Like 1
  • Silly 1

Finally got around to watching it.

Like in the first movie, the visuals are magnificent! Just something that I noticed right at the beginning again :)

I agree with @Blue Dragon about probably everything 😂 Still don't know most of the names as well. What I also found kind of a let down was Chizuru's role. She seemed to occupy a much more active and important part in the first movie and this movie didn't really do anything. @Blue Dragon why did they even include here, right? 😂 
Generally, I thought her whole family (father and brother) could have been developed a bit more. They disappeared quite quickly.
Also had hoped that more people would survive 😂 but they probably wanted to stay close to the actual history of the Shin Sen Gumi.

What I did like though was that they explained quite a bit about Chizuru's father and his plan, and also about how that magic water works. I thought it was quite well made that you have to give up your life energy for it. And, I also thought it was great that they showed a lot more about the devils' side and their perspective of things. Oh, and finally they showed why the movie is called Hakuoki

So, I'd say overall it was decent, but felt rushed quite often. They should have made the movie two times that length and really developed everything a lot more. But just like @Blue Dragon I think I should watch the series 😂 

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Funny 1

I'd definitely agree with the rushed feel of the film! It was still beautiful, just like the first, in spite of the rushed story.

And the potion's draining of life makes sense. It pretty much sets up that regardless of the war's outcome, these guys...uh...aren't going to survive.

I do feel the blonde demon was better rounded...but still needed a bit more development. I also thought her brother just kinda came out of the blue! I was like, what!? Or was the "chic" in the first movie who was talking to guy with TB actually her brother all along? Maybe I missed that 😆 I'm so confused! I gotta find the series somewhere, I'm sure it goes slow enough for me to comprehend 😂

• Like 1