Anime News and Discussion

Seshi

Takagi movie showtimes in the U.S. 

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/a/news/book-your-tickets-to-see-teasing-master-takagi-san-the-movie-in-theaters-august-2022

I’m not willing to drive to Columbus though, so will wait for it to show up on HiDive.

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the upcoming Konosuba prequel series will show how Megumin first became obsessed with EXPLOSION!!!  magic :P 

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-08-26/konosuba-an-explosion-on-this-wonderful-world-anime-trailer-reveals-2023-debut/.189008

On 8/29/2022 at 11:38 AM, Ohayotaku said:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-08-29/netflix-to-add-13-anime-titles-in-nippon-tv-deal/.189096
I was pretty “Meh…” about the announcement until I got to that last title 🤯 Man, I hope it’s accurate.

Monster? That really really interesting. I wonder if it still only be SD quality. Still Monster awesome, so I hope this is true. 

• Agree 2

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-09-05/ancient-magus-bride-anime-gets-2nd-season-in-april-2023/.189289

Good to know more is forthcoming. The article also mentions that the 3rd ep of the most recent OAD/OAV will release in Japan this week, so hopefully it will go up on Crunchyroll soon.

• Like 1

^ On a somewhat related note, this video was made a couple years ago promoting the manga arc that season 2 will adapt. So it might be considered something of a preview (though it’s unknown whether the 2nd season will deliver this quality of art/animation. One can only hope 🤞)

Edited by Ohayotaku

6 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

^ On a somewhat related note, this video was made a couple years ago promoting the manga arc that season 2 will adapt. So it might be considered something of a preview (though it’s unknown whether the 2nd season will deliver this quality of art/animation. One can only hope 🤞)

interesting
i awoke this morn to an email which i read from MAL then came here to see your post
watched your preview before commenting
but i too came to say its been announced as the MAL email informed me
tho released soon im hoping so but as MAL states we may have to wait till April next or latter
tho in the MAL page and also after watching the preview apart from noticing she is looking a little more grown
they have shown Chise's left arm to be changing alike his form and in the preview (not that i can understand non english) it seems she is/has come to terms with the changes she is going thru
AMB.thumb.png.7a901455cc3a96adc314ee9a44f0c688.png

• Like 1

@Wodahs yeah season 2 isn’t scheduled until spring of next year. My comment about hopefully being on CR soon was in relation to the final ep of a 3  part OAD/OAV that’s a stand-alone story centering on the mythos of The Wild Hunt https://myanimelist.net/anime/48438/Mahoutsukai_no_Yome__Nishi_no_Shounen_to_Seiran_no_Kishi The first 2 eps have been available on CR for a while now, but the final ep doesn’t become available in Japan until later this week. 
As to season 2, it has Chise attending what is essentially a collegiate version of Hogwarts (she made the decision to enroll towards the end of season 1 if memory serves). Likewise her arm is a result of s curse, though I need to rewatch season 1 to remember the specifics.

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 1:00 PM, Ohayotaku said:

Looks like the upcoming Konosuba prequel series will show how Megumin first became obsessed with EXPLOSION!!!  magic :P 

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-08-26/konosuba-an-explosion-on-this-wonderful-world-anime-trailer-reveals-2023-debut/.189008

What would be more interesting to me is how Lalatina ( "Darkness" ) became such a weird masochist type.

• Funny 1

I've just seen that Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card will be re-released as a single Blu-Ray release.
It's being billed as the "complete series" which it isn't, it's a very incomplete series and ends on a cliff-hanger at episode 22 and there's so far no indication that the series will ever be competed. 😡

• Agree 1

On 9/11/2022 at 9:52 AM, Soramee_ said:

I know this is more manga news than anime news but still I needed to post it.

Lucky star is back!!!!

No way, I’ve completely forgot about this manga/anime. All the youtube videos I would watch of the cheerleading dances and edits lol they were truly my fav. and their opening song is top tier idc what anyone says. 

• Agree 1

On 9/12/2022 at 3:00 AM, Animedragon said:

I've just seen that Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card will be re-released as a single Blu-Ray release.
It's being billed as the "complete series" which it isn't, it's a very incomplete series and ends on a cliff-hanger at episode 22 and there's so far no indication that the series will ever be competed. 😡

I have the old NIS premium (read deluxe) set of the originial series and while I watched Clear Card I just wasn't as enamored by it as I was by the originial.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/16/2022 at 1:05 AM, zrdb said:

I have the old NIS premium (read deluxe) set of the originial series and while I watched Clear Card I just wasn't as enamored by it as I was by the originial.

I have the entire Pioneer uncut sub only release and like you and while I  thought Clear Card was good I wasn't as enamoured with it as I was the original. 

Of course if they ever do decide to continue the series I'll buy it.

1 hour ago, Ohayotaku said:

I've always had my doubts about reviving classic series, to my mind its not gone well in the live action world of Hollywood the remakes of classic TV series into feature films may have done well at the box office but they're usually a travesty, or at best a pale reflection, of the series they're supposedly based on.
But perhaps that only bothers people like me who watched and liked the originals. 🙂

I've not seen any revivals of classic anime series so I don't know if the same applies to anime but the new Fruits Basket seems to be well received. Most of the revivals I've seen advertised are more in the style of reissues of classic series on Blu-Ray which can only be good news for both new and old anime fans. 🙂

• Like 1