Anime News and Discussion

Seshi

Initially wrote this series off as a Gegege no Kitaro knock off, but wound up enjoying it more than I thought. Will have to refresh my memory before season 2 though.

• 2 weeks later...

Shaman King will be getting a new adaption beginning in April 2021.   
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-06-11/shaman-king-manga-gets-brand-new-tv-anime-next-april/.160544
I remember watching some of the edited version of the old series back in the early 2000s & thinking it had potential. Since then I’d seen a number of online petitions trying to get it relicensed, so curious to see how the new complete adaption turns out. 

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RuthisianCodex said:

Oh good grief....

I have a voice-acting friend from HS so I know the part about taking time off to take care of his voice is a serious thing.  In this case however I'd submit that he probably should not have yelled so much in the first place.  I mean, I'm horrible with actor's names, but even I remember his name because of all the yelling (some of) his characters do/did. :)

7 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I have a voice-acting friend from HS so I know the part about taking time off to take care of his voice is a serious thing.  In this case however I'd submit that he probably should not have yelled so much in the first place.  I mean, I'm horrible with actor's names, but even I remember his name because of all the yelling (some of) his characters do/did. :)

Oh definitely the actor needs to take care of himself & I hope he heals completely. My thing is just that it's yet another delay. 

4 hours ago, RuthisianCodex said:

Oh definitely the actor needs to take care of himself & I hope he heals completely. My thing is just that it's yet another delay. 

That definitely seems to be a recurring theme this year, doesn't it?

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Jujutsu Kaisen premiering on Crunchyroll in October (trailer in article). I personally know nothing about the story but looks interesting. 

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-08-12/crunchyroll-to-stream-jujutsu-kaisen-in-october/.162864

And for those who use Netflix to watch anime, the 1st season of The Promised Neverland debuts 09/01. As far as I know season 2 is still scheduled for 2021.

• 3 weeks later...

While I know nothing about it personally, I’ve seen a number of positive comments about anime series called Bartender, and it’s apparently getting licensed for North American release

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/09/04-1/shout-factory-partners-with-anime-limited-to-release-bartender-in-north-america