Blue Dragon

Carole and Tuesday

maxresdefault.jpg

UWU! Last night I started Carole and Tuesday, not really sure what to expect. I'm a big fan of old school music, but listen to a very wide breadth of genres.

So I've been pleasantly surprised by the music in this show! I loved the Bebop soundtrack, but I don't think Yoko Kano is working on this one. I am also really loving the characters! And the comedy isn't over the top, but definitely makes me chuckle.

Anyone else watching this? It's on Netflix now, so if you stream it's available :3

• Like 1

I’m up through episode 7. Pretty enjoyable if you’re looking for a feel good series with some humor and satire mixed in.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

4 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

I’m up through episode 7. Pretty enjoyable if you’re looking for a feel good series with some humor and satire mixed in.

Yea I really like the sound of that. It’s on my to do watch list anyway, I’m glad it’s free now! Thanks for the heads up on that @Blue Dragon

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

So far it’s only the first cour (12 episodes) available on Netflix. That’s still surprisingly fast for them, since the second cour is currently airing in Japan. So hopefully they won’t make us wait long.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

So far it’s only the first cour (12 episodes) available on Netflix. That’s still surprisingly fast for them, since the second cour is currently airing in Japan. So hopefully they won’t make us wait long.

That's good to know! I didn't realize it was still airing! Wow!

I saw this but I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it or not so I didn't start it yet. I'm taking it that it's pretty good then? I might have to give it a try.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying it so far. I have a very eclectic taste in music, so I love seeing the episode titles. The songs are pretty good for animation, too. As much as I love Steven Universe, and I'm sure I'll get flack for this, I don't always enjoy most of the songs. Some are fun, but it's definitely aimed for kids, whereas this is probably for an older audience.

I'm on episode 10 right now. One thing my dudefriend said was that it reminded him of Megalobox, only for music. I could see the similarities, but...I think it's they're going to be different. And I'm enjoying them both :3

If you chill shows with lots of music, a bit of humor, and a lot of competition, you might like it :D

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

One thing my dudefriend said was that it reminded him of Megalobox, only for music

The comparison for me is that both seemed to deal with the old school method of doing something versus the modern, technology enhanced method.

11 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

As much as I love Steven Universe, and I'm sure I'll get flack for this, I don't always enjoy most of the songs. Some are fun, but it's definitely aimed for kids, whereas this is probably for an older audience.

Agree that SU’s music is largely over rated.

On 9/28/2019 at 12:39 AM, Sakura said:

I saw this but I wasn't sure if I would enjoy it or not so I didn't start it yet. I'm taking it that it's pretty good then? I might have to give it a try.

I have it on hold for now, but what I’ve seen makes it an entertaining and positive series.

• Like 2

I really loved this show, I connected with the characters and their first song blew it out of the water. 

I think the competition was way too easy... Not that the competitors werent good.. But that it wasnt trying for the characters like similar contests in other genres. Still, I enjoyed it til the end of the forst cour. 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I just caught up with season 1 the other night. I am super excited for Season 2! I'm also glad it isn't just one season, because as much as I enjoyed it, I think ending it here would be a little anti-climactic XD

Regarding the competitors...can I just say I loved the Mermaid Sisters (or whatever their name was) song! I thought it was hilarious (the lyrics) and sounded awesome. But...I like old music XD I agree most of the competitor's songs were just...okay. I think it's hard to write good songs for a future that doesn't exist, but I would have liked to see a bit more variety in the winners :/ To be honest, the old dudes were another personal favorite XD

Whoop whoop! December will be here before you know it!

• Funny 1

On 10/24/2019 at 2:31 PM, Blue Dragon said:

I like old music XD I agree most of the competitor's songs were just...okay. I think it's hard to write good songs for a future that doesn't exist, but I would have liked to see a bit more variety in the winners :/

You raise a very interesting point. That said (and this may be controversial BUT) I actually enjoyed some of the competitors' songs almost equal or more than Carole and Tuesday's--like crazy girl Cybelle 😆

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Rainbow Gear said:

You raise a very interesting point. That said (and this may be controversial BUT) I actually enjoyed some of the competitors' songs almost equal or more than Carole and Tuesday's--like crazy girl Cybelle 😆

Crazy girls song was my fav tbh. Too bad she had to be a stalker. I really liked the diversity she brought. 

Carole and Tuesday had to win it with the first song they wrote. So poetic. Its also just a great song.

• Like 1

Man, we're getting so close to the next season! I can't wait :3

Also, can you believe it's already November!? o_O

Edit: I think I'd actually like to get a copy of the sound track. I was able to find the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack years ago, and it was a staple on my play list for YEARS XD I like the care they put into the songs for a TV show :3 You can tell they really care about the quality and listenablility (that's not even a word XD)

Edited by Blue Dragon
  • Agree 1