Meeting online friends in person??

VampireKnight19

Hey guys,

So tomorrow I am meeting one of my online friends in person for the first time. We found out we only live 30 minutes apart so we are going to get coffee in town. I am so nervous. I keep asking myself what if he doesn't like me in person? Or what if I embarrass myself? 

I was just wondering if any of you guys have met an online friend in person?

18 hours ago, VampireKnight19 said:

Hey guys,

So tomorrow I am meeting one of my online friends in person for the first time. We found out we only live 30 minutes apart so we are going to get coffee in town. I am so nervous. I keep asking myself what if he doesn't like me in person? Or what if I embarrass myself? 

I was just wondering if any of you guys have met an online friend in person?

I have not really met anyone I encountered online in real life, though that might possibly change early next year.

However, I do not think there would be too much to worry about, depending on a few factors. The only real thing you should be worried about is if they have other plans, since an online persona might not actually be the real person.

Thanks guys. 

Well today is the day. And to be honest my nerves have been replaced by excitement. I honestly can't wait to get a hug off my online best friend. None of my normal friends bother with me. He is actually making an effort to come and see me and I can talk to him about anything. Its gonna be great. I will let you guys know how it goes. :)

12 hours ago, Kanamesensei said:

That is awesome I have to say.  I have always wanted to meet my friends from online but it was long time ago.  Does it count that I met my husband online on a dating website?🤨

Yes, that definitely counts :) I'm hoping that maybe me and my friend could be more than just friends in the future :)

• Like 2

I've met quite a lot of my online friends in person. It's really awkward at first for about thirty minutes then things usually naturally work themselves out. 

12 hours ago, VampireKnight19 said:

Yes, that definitely counts :) I'm hoping that maybe me and my friend could be more than just friends in the future :)

Oh that would be awesome!  I have two friends that knew each other online for a couple of years.  One lived in England and the other Canada.  They got close and now they are married!  He moved from England to Canada and married her!  I was so happy to hear that.  So yea things can happen if they were meant to be.😁

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

On 9/20/2019 at 2:13 AM, Kanamesensei said:

Oh that would be awesome!  I have two friends that knew each other online for a couple of years.  One lived in England and the other Canada.  They got close and now they are married!  He moved from England to Canada and married her!  I was so happy to hear that.  So yea things can happen if they were meant to be.😁

We are meeting up at least once a week now :) 

• Like 1

I met one person from online back in high school and that was only because she ended up moving to my town and went to the same school as me. 

Other than that, I haven't. Because of the increase in crimes with sex trafficking and kidnappings near me I refuse to meet people outside of the internet. I've had a few people ( not on here) pester about meeting me in real life and I end up blocking them. I also refuse to give out my fb and snapchat. The only thing I do give out is my gaming social accounts like IG and Twitter (I keep my personal life off of those accounts). 

I most certainly have met quite a few people online. Honestly I think I have met more people online then I have offline. This includes anything from forums to online dating sites. I don't mind meeting someone I originally met online if anything I prefer it. Gives you the chance to feel each other out, and get to know one another before your sure you really want to go forward with anything meaningful. Yes there is the risk that the person could be dangerous but thats true even offline if not even more so. So I guess for me I just have a good judge of people, and if they are going to be good for me, or not so I don't mind meeting online. I have traveled accross many miles to meet online friends. I'd gladly do it again.

Edited by ArchieKun