Sign in to follow this  
Wedgy

Current ambitions

Either short or long-term, I always find myself working toward the next benchmark in life. Often it can be as simple as getting a room organised or completing a writing project. And sometimes it's as big as paying off a debt, making a big purchase, or moving up the ladder career-wise. 

Have you got any ongoing goals? Let's talk about them. 

• Like 3

Eventually I will get back to my pilots license.  I had to stall out on my classes because the instructor I had fell ill suddenly, and no one else would take me on.  It probably works out for the best though, since that was somewhat interfering with my other education. Still, the idea of getting off work on a Friday, renting a plane and heading anywhere for a weekend is a very attractive thought.

• Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

That's rad, HK, makes me want to do it too. 😁 How long does it take to procure said license? 

It depends on you, really. Some people blow through it in 6 months, some take 2 years. I will probably call into the 2 year camp. Money is also an issue, as you have to pay out of topic for the plane and fuel, and that's not cheap at all. I am at about $5500 right now.

• Wow 1

Yes, it sucks a bit money wise. There are some programs that offer the process cheaper, and others that will omit x amount of fees. But here, the average cost is between $10-16k all said and done.

8 hours ago, VampireKnight19 said:

My next ambition is to go back to college and do a Media course :) 

Back to school is always a noble ambition.  Are you looking at a particular field within Media? (Have I asked this already? - Apologies if I have.)

22 hours ago, VampireKnight19 said:

My next ambition is to go back to college and do a Media course :) 

I would also like to go back to school, although it may take some time to reach a point I'd be able to. I'm interested in mortuary science.