Xyro

What are the most intriguing or interesting names?

What would y'all say are the most meaningful/memorable or pretty names you've seen or heard of?

One of my all-time favourite a is Dagonheart, although I am a big sucker for any complex, formal or intriguing names, such as Elizabeth, Celestia, Jessica, exedra

I love pretty and unique names that don't follow the contemporary "__xten" "__xton" format which I'm seeing so much of these days. I'll share some of the names I actually considered for my daughter: Arena, Malina, Sofia, Chalice (pronounced Sha-lees), Lisette (derivative of a family name), Lotte, Summer, Jane. 

I did end up naming her Briala Elaise; her middle name is in honour of my niece who we lost in 2016, so that's very meaningful to me. 

I'm partial to girl names and have difficulty with boys' names. 😅 But there are a handful I do like, including Merritt, Nolan, Jude, Casey, Beau. Might use one if I have a son in the future! 

Edited by Wedgy
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Prior to me signing on at work, there was a woman at our museum - a temp - whose name was Ellesta.  Was certainly unique.

But come on now, everyone knows the coolest names are Leonitus and Titus...

• Like 1

Jakob Johann von Uexküll (that thing from FlipFlappers has the name of the title)

Wenzel. Knew someone with that name (weird guy - knocked out his own tooth with a defibrillator) and I just liked that name. Used to be a name that many German noble men in the 17th to the early 19th century had.

Or ancient names like Aeneid, Cicero (if you want to pronounce it like he did, it's probably more like Kikero), Kafka, Æthelstan, Parzival (or the more 'modern' Percival)

Especially Fairefiz, literally means 'colorful sun'.

My Great Great Great... Aunt's name was Barzilla... if that's not a unique name I don't know what is!

Edited by AnalenaDiane

I’ve always thought Alexandria was a cool name. Well since I played FF9, anyway.

Now I like names with meanings, like Lilliana - beauty & purity.