Saddest anime ever?

SageKingTyler

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

She, the Ultimate Weapon/Saikano (Saishuu Heiki Kanojo) - Chise, with some help from her friend Akemi, finally asks out Shuuji, the boy she likes, but not soon after, she's approached by the JSDF, because they've identified she's a compatable match for a weapons program they've developed; what will happen to her, when her country needs her!?

As I've watched the series (and even the Live Action movie), I know what happens, and it's pretty sad in my opinion; the events of the manga are slightly different, but still sad! They even decide to repeat the formula, by having a prequel OVA (Another Love Song), which follows Mizuki, who was also part of the weapons program, but whilst the process was still unrefined!

• Like 1

watch danganronpa and tell me its not saddening xD

especially the 3rd one. it will either miss you completely or hit you hard :P

(im biased to it since the whole dangan series is my favourite, but i would suggest it either way)

• 3 weeks later...
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

I need to get round to finishing that, but yeah, that's a sad one too!

Although the Pokémon references are great; especially given that Nokémon Generations II and III are the reverse of Pokémon Generations II and III (Precious Stones Generation -Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald- then Metal Generation -Gold and Silver-)!

I think I might have recalled other sad series, but seems, if I had, I've forgotten them now!

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

I need to get round to finishing that, but yeah, that's a sad one too!

Although the Pokémon references are great; especially given that Nokémon Generations II and III are the reverse of Pokémon Generations II and III (Precious Stones Generation -Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald- then Metal Generation -Gold and Silver-)!

I think I might have recalled other sad series, but seems, if I had, I've forgotten them now!

You must finish it!!!!

Well, sadness means something different to everyone, and mine came in the form of Madoka Magica, which I've cried a lot more than any other anime.

On a more 'objective' note (whatever that means), there's Grave of the Fireflies, as mentioned, and also Asura. Asura is particularly depressing.

She, the Ultimate Weapon/Saikano (Saishuu Heiki Kanojo) - Chise, with some help from her friend Akemi, finally asks out Shuuji, the boy she likes, but not soon after, she's approached by the JSDF, because they've identified she's a compatable match for a weapons program they've developed; what will happen to her, when her country needs her!?

As I've watched the series (and even the Live Action movie), I know what happens, and it's pretty sad in my opinion; the events of the manga are slightly different, but still sad! They even decide to repeat the formula, by having a prequel OVA (Another Love Song), which follows Mizuki, who was also part of the weapons program, but whilst the process was still unrefined!

I still haven't finished it yet(on ep 9) but still having your girlfriend turn into an unstable killer weapon is messed up!!!But what hurts more is that there's nothing you can do about it!!!!:angry::'(

• Agree 1
  • Optimistic 1

I still haven't finished it yet(on ep 9) but still having your girlfriend turn into an unstable killer weapon is messed up!!!But what hurts more is that there's nothing you can do about it!!!!:angry::'(

True, you empathise with Shuuji, that said, I think he starts off as quite uncaring toward Chise (I think, been possibly ten years since I watched it), but his opinion changes, possibly as he watches her slowly become more of a weapon!

As I've said, there's an OVA and Live Action (CG mechanical tentacles... I think, also ten years since I watched it, not sure I've even still got it), you can also watch, and the manga which, has a different ending to the anime!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

• 1 month later...
what the saddest one is

I don't think I can just put one

but to add the ones already posted that I have watched and agree with id have to add

Wolf Children

Ef: A Tale of Memories/Ef: A Tale of Melodies

Kanon

Plastic Memories

Shelter

and id even go as far as throwing in to the mix

sword art online Mother's Rosario arc ending

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Anime movie thingies count, right? If so, Five Centimeters Per Second. The way it plays out over three parts, and the ending, really got me.

If not, then Anohana (iforgotthefulltitleplzdunkillme).

• Agree 1

Anime movie thingies count, right? If so, Five Centimeters Per Second. The way it plays out over three parts, and the ending, really got me.

If not, then Anohana (iforgotthefulltitleplzdunkillme).

Oh my gawsh. Yes. 5cmps is literally the most bittersweet thing I have ever watched. I cried. Totally hit me in my soft spot. :'(

When I was younger, Kanon (2006) made me cry so hard, but last night I watched Garden Of Words for the first time and oh my geeeeeeeee, I've never felt so many feels all at once (T▽T)

[A faint clap of thunder,

Even if rain comes or not,

I will stay here,

Together with you.]

:'(

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Geano locked this topic