Saddest anime ever?

SageKingTyler

Off the top of my head it would have to be Clannad.  The first season isn't that bad.  It is just a somewhat odd - and boring, tbh - HS hatsukoi story.  In fact, I dropped the first season when it first aired and then had to come back to it after seeing the end of the second.  (Now though.. just remembering that first line, "kono machi wa kirai da", makes me want to go watch it all again.)  Even After Story takes a while to get started.  But then it gets serious!  Like wife-and-kids, life-and-death serious.  Poor Tomoya.. first Nagisa (OMG!), then Ushio too just as he's getting his act together again!  I wanted to yell at the writers to stop jerking him around.  :( Even the side arcs are basically built on sad.   Especially Misae's, or Fuuko's.  Quite the roller-coaster.  So much sad.  Not all, fortunately, but I don't want to give anything away for anyone who hasn't seen it.  (Note though, I strongly recommend the Japanese-audio version.  The English voicing/dub kind of messed up Nagisa's character and significantly changed the tone of the whole story.  IMHO, YMMV, etc.)

Honorable mentions to AnoHana and Shigatsu Kimi no Uso.

1 hour ago, SleepyLeoulf said:

Wolf's Rain. I never got to finish it and made me sad at times even cry. Still a good anime but sad to me. Maybe someday I'll re- watch it and finish it finally, though I'd probally cry again, heh. :?

you didnt finish it :0!!! you have toooo!!!! i loved it and the ending is the best i dont want to spoiler :)

• Like 1

On 2/21/2016 at 5:48 AM, KimmyKins83 said:

Two of the most saddest, poignant and heartbreaking anime series which I have ever seen without a shadow of a doubt just have to be Clannad and Clannad After Story :(

Agreed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2016 at 12:42 AM, KaiTellsTheTruth said:

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

On 1/28/2018 at 8:49 AM, Muco said:

Shigatsu wa kimi no uso.

anime-gif-your-lie-in-april-gif-miyazono

Yeah those are sad, but there are many things sad, cause I'm like the master when it comes to tragic anime.

Try watching: Angel Beats!, Plastic Memories, Hotarubi no Mori e, 5 Centimeters per second, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Grave of the fireflies.

896880.thumb.png.35459dd870da4748a4e531326d746757.png

12 minutes ago, Wodahs said:

seen them , any other suggestions ?

that you may think I haven't seen and may be worth watching that I can add to my list to watch

could you list down the tragic animes you've watched?

Edited by CasseyFujiwara
forgotten to add a word

1 hour ago, CasseyFujiwara said:

could you list down the tragic animes you've watched?

might be easier to click on MAL in my sig and see a list of most of what ive seen (even tho its not 100%)

don't think ive missed much of the tragic type

• Geano locked this topic