Isekai info need for panel.

LadyAFS

Love it or hate it, it seems that this genre is her to stay, Isekai.

Hopefully I am able to do a panel for a local anime festival, Otafest.

The panel that I want to do is Isekai, but there is so much that I don't know what to put on, so I am asking anyone to help me.

I know a bit about isekai, and I have some information for my panel, on my MSOffice powerpoint, but I still would like to know more. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

One thing I find interesting about isekai series is if you look at early examples, a number of them actually had shoujo characteristics  (Magic Knight Rayearth,  Vision of Escaflowne, Fushigi Yuugi) as opposed to the current trend focusing on harems and OP MCs .

Of course another trend in isekai is parodies or at the very least series that don’t take themselves all that seriously, for example Konosuba, Demon Lord Retry & Isekai Quartet.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

I think it’s wonderful that you’re doing a panel, no doubt some of our members here have done them in the past. Ohiotaku sure had some useful additions.

What kinds of discussion points did you have in mind?

Will you be naming series that are popular? And of those, if they have done the genre justice?

I know this can err on opinion, so perhaps not. But if so, The Rising of the Shield Hero (released this year) was tops for me. Accel World , although older was another good one, it got me started on the genre. 

There are so many that don’t do it justice, but are still popular. Sword art online being criticized for being one of them. Although this may be old news to some who have been watching anime for a while. It may be a good discussion topic for your attendees, since nearly everyone will have an opinion on the matter. 

@Beocat what do you think? I know you’ve been to a few panels before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seshi said:

I think it’s wonderful that you’re doing a panel, no doubt some of our members here have done them in the past. Ohiotaku sure had some useful additions.

What kinds of discussion points did you have in mind?

Will you be naming series that are popular? And of those, if they have done the genre justice?

I know this can err on opinion, so perhaps not. But if so, The Rising of the Shield Hero (released this year) was tops for me. Accel World , although older was another good one, it got me started on the genre. 

There are so many that don’t do it justice, but are still popular. Sword art online being criticized for being one of them. Although this may be old news to some who have been watching anime for a while. It may be a good discussion topic for your attendees, since nearly everyone will have an opinion on the matter. 

@Beocat what do you think? I know you’ve been to a few panels before.

What I will be doing is a introduction, its history, why it is so popular and its future.

the one thing is that its future is bright, as many light novels and mangas are being made into anime, one manga I would like to be made into a anime is Isekai Cheat Survival Meshi, as it is interesting.

14 minutes ago, LadyAFS said:

What I will be doing is a introduction, its history, why it is so popular and its future.

the one thing is that its future is bright, as many light novels and mangas are being made into anime, one manga I would like to be made into a anime is Isekai Cheat Survival Meshi, as it is interesting.

That sounds like a great concept. I'd love to see that one too, though if they can reign in the harem concept. But okay, looks like you're off to a great start then.

On 9/25/2019 at 9:00 AM, Seshi said:

That sounds like a great concept. I'd love to see that one too, though if they can reign in the harem concept. But okay, looks like you're off to a great start then.

I will be doing that, because I don't want the person or people who might approve this panel, tell me that I would have to show the panel late at night.

• Like 1