Live Entertainment

Who else here is a fan of live entertainment? This could be Broadway shows, small stage skits, stand-up comedy, music concerts, demonstrations, cosplay shows, etc. 

I'm not exactly a regular, but I've attended a fair share of shows. Most recently, I went to visit my brother early June and got to see a performance called Be More Chill. It was really funny, I loved it! His fiancée is a stage director and she got me in for free. 😁

Also been to a couple of stand-up shows, with lots of alcohol served. But the most memorable shows I've been to were some big name music. In the last three years I've had the pleasure of seeing Skillet, Devour the Day, Sick Puppies, Asking Alexandria, Five Finger Death Punch, Godsmack, and Shinedown! All great fun and still have the tshirts. 😊

• Like 1

I frequent as many shows as I can go to - and by that I mean music and comedy shows.  I think the most recent one I went to was when Bruce Hornsby was in Cedar Rapids.  Guy can't sing for jack diddly, but boy can he still play piano.  The man has magic fingers, I swear.

Music shows are more my taste than anything, simply because I enjoy music an awful lot.  I'm still toying around whether to go see Jerry Seinfeld when he's here at the end of next month.  There's also a Who's Line is it Anyway travelling show that's supposed to be here that I might go see.

• Like 1

@The History Kid Yes!! There's just something extra about live performances you don't get to experience if you are just listening to a CD or whatever else. The energy is intoxicating and you can feel the music in your bones. I feel like it's something everyone should get to experience at least once. 

I used to love going to concerts but I admittedly don't go to many these days. I do frequent comicons and anime conventions though as far as live entertainment goes though. And I do like to go to plays or see standup comedians ^^ 

• 3 weeks later...

@Wedgy does live shows? I must see.

I used to go to concerts. Nowadays I'm more apt to go to plays or comedy shows.

I've been to see Motley Crue, Linkin Park, Mindless Self Indulgence, and unfortunately missed the only Iron Maiden tour in the states for the last decade. So that probably wont come again.