The History Kid

The Two Sentence Horror Story

page01.thumb.jpg.fbd7f28110dba0683faa5a41bbbe9ea8.jpg

I don't know what to tell y'all.  But I'm thinkin' it must be Fall.

Greetings and salutations AF.  Each and every season has its own set of grand festivities attached to it, and so must we. (I said we must!)  As such, it also comes with it's own share of contests.  We're in the spoopy season, and that means scary things, creepy things, and generally stuff that'll make you go "ahhh! Mom! A Kardashian is hiding under my bed!" - Well maybe not that last part.

Anyway...we have come up with a series of contests, and here's one of the first!

1,000 points a piece will be awarded to the winners of three (3) categories in this contest.  That should cover most of you and your creative abilities.  Remember, the idea is to have fun, so just relax...drink some hot tea, watch a horror movie or two, or your favorite anime Halloween special, and let the ideas come to you naturally. 

I am informed that everyone will get a nice, shiny badge for participating.  You can put these next to the other badges you have on your quest to be an AnimeForums.net master.  That's almost the same thing as a Pokémon Master, except that there's no league, and there's an actual risk of being goosed by Robert Deniro or Frankie Munez.

Contest Reqirements

• I'd like for there to be a good spread in the kind of stories we get, and I want you to feel like you have the time to flesh out the best that you can write up, so I'm going to set the deadline for this out to 19 October.  
  • You are limited to two sentences.  Make sure you sell it in those two sentences as well.  No run-on's!  I'm gonna be reading these out loud and I really don't want to take a huge breath in the middle because there were no commas.
  • Scare the judges.  Seriously.  I don't know who all they are, but they deserve it.  I want to hear complaints about how you made them unable to sleep for nights after the contest ends.

Judging Categories:

• The Washija Special (My pick!)
  • Most original
  • Most creative

Let's get spoopy, y'all! Ope!

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 2
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

There was a darkness dancing over the small town, another strange day for the residents who hurried into their homes. The dancing shadow growing taller, soon to block out the remaining light; screams ringing from the open windows, as Susie bent to close that dollhouse’ doors.

• Like 3
  • Creative 1

The detectives stood in awe as they opened the chest, discovering over 20 pairs of shoes. The suspect in question stared at his farm and with a sinister smile said, "Did you know that pigs will eat anything?".

• Like 3

They say the tooth fairy only visits in your sleep. Nobody alive can say what happens if you awaken. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wedgy said:

They say the tooth fairy only visits in your sleep. Nobody alive can say what happens if you awaken. 

I wanted to do one about the tooth fairy so bad! It was going to be about reaching into your pillowcase. But I just couldn’t quite bring the gore to life in two sentences 

12 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I wanted to do one about the tooth fairy so bad! It was going to be about reaching into your pillowcase. But I just couldn’t quite bring the gore to life in two sentences 

I've written a segment about my less than wholesome vision of tooth fairies in a fanfic once, it came to mind. I faced the same problem though- it's hard to capture the horror they could potentially be in just two sentences. 😅

• Funny 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Standing atop the rickety old chair the youngling knocked it out from bellow them. It took only a moment, before their oncoming death, to realize that they didn't want to die.

• Like 1

It made krch in my mouth as I bit into the well done meat and something pierced into my gums followed by the iron-like taste of my own blood. I sighed like the idiot I was for not properly removing the bones from the baby's arms...

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I told the Genie that my wish was to make my friends and family happy.

Then, I started to disappear.

• Sad 6

4 minutes ago, Musuko said:

(i know its a short story, but I wanna give you a hug now Musuko ;-;)

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 2

2 hours ago, Musuko said:

Dude...

2 hours ago, Xyro said:

(i know its a short story, but I wanna give you a hug now Musuko ;-;)

I think we need a group-bro-hug moment here, folks.

• Friendly 3

Posted (edited)

He’d always had difficulty making friends. It was especially difficult to make the eyes look alive again. 

(Sorry for the edits, this is my FINAL entry/version.)

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

He’d always had difficulty making friends. It was especially difficult to make the eyes look alive again. 

(Sorry for the edits, this is my FINAL entry/version.)

This one is really good. 😱 I love that the second sentence turns the other entirely on its head. 

• Like 1

Hisaki was crying in his room when he hears a quiet voice say, "We need to talk." He turns around and finds his girlfriend who died in his arms just hours earlier.

• Like 2

Funny grumbling noises were coming from just down the hall, mommy and daddy did it, they finally got me a puppy for my birthday! I wheeled around the corner eyes wide in amazement; mommy was drooling uncontrollably with eyes wide open as my daddies hands clenched her throat tightly. 

• Like 2

On 10/13/2019 at 12:57 PM, SAO LILDOOP said:

Funny grumbling noises were coming from just down the hall, mommy and daddy did it, they finally got me a puppy for my birthday! I wheeled around the corner eyes wide in amazement; mommy was drooling uncontrollably with eyes wide open as my daddies hands clenched her throat tightly. 

This one was terrifying - I wish I could unread it. Good job.

I'm loving everyones entries. And I'm so thrilled I could participate too 😊 Thanks again for hosting, The History Kid.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1