My first time here. ^ _ ^

snowkettle

Hello everyone. ^ _ ^ How are you?

My name is Mira. After one of the anime forums I currently frequent has died down by a significant amount, I've decided to move on to somewhere new. It's like a ghost town there these days, and it makes me really sad because I was there for a long time. But I've decided to do my best and seek out another place that I can hopefully call home. ^ _ ^

A little bit about me, I like to make music, write stories, and play Pokemon (not the cards) competitively. I also play the competitive Yu-Gi-Oh card game. I travel here and there for regionals/nationals with the hopes of eventually making it to Worlds.

I hope to enjoy my time here and make some great new friends!

• Like 2
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

2 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

Welcome aboard, we're glad to have you over this way.  Hopefully you enjoy it here.

So, I'll jump over the anime stuff (I'm by no means an expert).  What kind of music do you make?  Acoustic?  Composition?  Are you one of those super awesome bedroom DJ's I've heard about? (I have only confirmed one, guys...I still am skeptical of their existence...like unicorns!)  Music stuff has my attention a lot.

Also, looks like a school teacher?  Sounds...bold.  I come from a family of educators (music educators).  What class work do you teach, since so many elementaries are also going to period-based classes?

As said, hopefully you enjoy it here.  There's a lot to see and do.  Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions too.

I make electronic using a program called FL Studio. It's really fun! I do make it at home, though I have been wanting for a long time to convert my room into a more studio-esque space. I make Vocaloid and progressive house/trance. Sometimes more pop-sounding things as well.

I don't teach any specific one subject as I work as a general teacher, so I move around a lot. ^ _ ^ So for instance, science, math, reading, and the like. I am actually starting my new position next week so I am really excited! Nervous as well, but that's a given me thinks.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to A-F Mira ^^ Hope you enjoy your time here~ You should have no trouble making some friends around the forum. If you need anything feel free to drop me a message any time, I always enjoy a chat ;3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

Hello and welcome to A-F Mira ^^ Hope you enjoy your time here~ You should have no trouble making some friends around the forum. If you need anything feel free to drop me a message any time, I always enjoy a chat ;3

Thank you so much! I am really enjoying it here so far.

1 hour ago, The History Kid said:

Ah yes.  I'm familiar with both FL Studio and the Vocaloid programs.  (Though, my exposure to the Vocaloid program wasn't the anime way, it was the audio way (back in the days when Yamaha made GOOD electronics)).  I'm not fluent enough with the stuff myself though, and time just isn't on my side to pickup another thing to learn.

General teacher, strenuous task.  You're brave!  It sounds like you love the movement though, so that's good to hear.  Teachers do not get enough credit by a long shot.

FL Studio took years to learn, and even now I learn little things here and there that I didn't know. It takes a lot of time to fully get the hang of a program so that's understandable!

And that's true! The salary can be a bit less compared to other jobs even if someone has a degree in the teaching field. Even so, this is one of those jobs I can't get enough of. So even if it were to pay minimum wage, I'd find some way to do it even if I had to get an additional job somewhere else. 

Edited by snowkettle
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...