Post your daily photos

Mazino

Took this shot a few months ago while walking through the Bicentennial/Bog Garden in Greensboro, NC. Always try to visit the gardens there if I'm in the area. Great place to walk and get some fresh air.

gso_bog_gardenstream.jpg

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

• 4 months later...

natural-bridge-va.jpg

This is a photo I took of Natural Bridge in Virginia when my brother and I visited in mid-2021. The bridge stands 215 feet tall (about 65.5 meters), and was carved out by erosion from Cedar Creek. You can get a feel of how big it is from seeing the people walking under it in the photo, but I must say, photos don't do it any justice. It's a great place to take a day-trip if you live near Virginia.

More information on the landmark is here, in case anyone is interested.

• Like 3
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This magnificent locomotive came thundering through my local station at the weekend hauling a steam excursion from London to Winchester.

It's a Southern Railway rebuilt West Country class no.34046 "Braunton". She was built in 1946 at the Southern Railway's Brighton Works and withdrawn from service in 1965 and sent to the scrapyard. She was purchased in 1996 by a heritage railway society and after a major restoration project steamed again in 2007.

34046.thumb.jpg.60a9d8e869c206acf86b5cd57b3ca71d.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Pump pits during the construction of the runoff system for Columbus Ohio. Each of the holes lead to a different part of of the city and prevents sewage overflow during a high rain event. They used to have to just output into the rivers as the plants couldn't handle the increased flow. Part of the EPA grants to clean up rivers and lakes in my state. Worked on the project for a few years mostly building the control systems.

6eXgntr.jpg

EUE6HQZ.jpg

7y4BccF.jpg

XRsRXOr.jpg

• Wow 1

16 hours ago, Key Visual said:

Pump pits during the construction of the runoff system for Columbus Ohio. Each of the holes lead to a different part of of the city and prevents sewage overflow during a high rain event. They used to have to just output into the rivers as the plants couldn't handle the increased flow. Part of the EPA grants to clean up rivers and lakes in my state. Worked on the project for a few years mostly building the control systems.

That's some impressive engineering.

• 2 weeks later...

callosamia-promethea01.jpg

Callosamia promethea, AKA the promethea silkmoth. This little guy was on our take-out window at the restaurant, in a spot where it might get hurt if people came up or if we opened the window. So, I carefully picked it up and let it rest on my hand here in the photo and moved it to a safer location on the building. I'm surprised that it didn't try to fly away from me when I handled it. I absolutely love the patterns on its wings! I can see why it's named "Promethea". 🔥🙂

spacer.png

Haploa clymene, AKA the Clymene moth. This moth was perched on the side of the building, so I went in for a shot.

• Wow 1

3 hours ago, Key Visual said:

Nice catch! Always don't have the right camera on me. Did catch some raccoons when I was on vacation last year :)

I must admit that I was surprised he waited for me to get the camera, I expected him to have gone by the time I got back.

Nice raccoons and other critters.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on a trip to Germany for the past week and a half, and I visited Luzern, Switzerland (Lucerna in English) this past weekend.

Luzern-citybridge.jpg

This is the wooden bridge that goes over the river in the middle of the city. The mountain in the background is Mt. Pilatus.

These are some photos from the top of Pilatus.

spacer.png

pilatus-luzern02.jpg

pilatus-luzern03.jpg

Needless to say, I don't really want to return home next week. 🥰

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

11 hours ago, viruxx said:

I've been on a trip to Germany for the past week and a half, and I visited Luzern, Switzerland (Lucerna in English) this past weekend.

Fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing them with us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing them with us.

No problem! I'm glad you enjoyed them. I have more photos that I will share later.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A few shots toward the end of this year. Winter seems to be on the way and we gotta deal with the white stuff soon. Gotta enjoy the warm weather why we can :)

Tornado From a few months ago. Wasn't very strong but very intimidating. Saw it as I was coming over a hill on my way home from work.

xXPByxQ.jpg

HKkRbOJ.jpg

Some say the bathroom is haunted.

PKe7WO1.jpg

Lobby of the Ohio Theater at Playhouse Square Cleveland Ohio

7qKR7pi.jpg

Lastly a nice sunrise before we drop into eternal darkness with daylight savings time. Dark when going to work dark when I leave.

6ZBHK9K.jpg

• Winner 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 2

3 hours ago, Key Visual said:

A few shots toward the end of this year. Winter seems to be on the way and we gotta deal with the white stuff soon. Gotta enjoy the warm weather why we can :)

Excellent photos, the sunset one is awesome.

• 1 month later...

Hanging about with some old armor!

Up until a few years ago these were running but over time parts got hard to find and now they are out front a mil surplus company near me. They used ride the one below with the rubber track feet in parades with people dressed up in period gear. Sadly no pictures of it running that I know of.

NMHOtOG.jpg

PURyuPH.jpg

LN4mZG7.jpg

7R58iaA.jpg

AQvnjwe.jpg

KgaoGsv.jpg

• Like 3