Post your daily photos

Mazino

Hi~ I'm back. I'm happy that I'm alive and because It's spring outside. I don't know who is called "friends". This is a difficult problem for me. Who can answer?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1409069203_rSfV1v2I7sk(1).thumb.jpg.7b8237a02faacb9b9fe86c3c29e81c31.jpg

*I'm going to play with the light* *^*

The light is fun. *^*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_0050317.thumb.JPG.728ea11d26a6d7ef8f7424ed0c378a22.JPG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_0050318.thumb.JPG.89936c90da8820c9b49560c6150925be.JPG

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Hello. Like most people I joined AF to discuss and share my interest in anime, but there are other things in life besides anime (can I say that on an anime forum?). Anyway I decided to branch out a bit and join this club so here's my first contribution.

The recently restored Great Western Railway 4-6-0  Castle Class locomotive no.4079 "Pendennis Castle" in action at the Great Western Society's base at Didcot, Oxfordshire.

4079.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

"Where am I?"
"In The Village."

Some of you may remember that exchange from the late 1960's TV series "The Prisoner" starring Patrick McGoohan. The series was filmed in Portmeirion in North Wales. Here's one of the photos I took on my visit there.

The pink and white building in the middle of the picture is the one that was used as Number 6's house in the series, it now houses a gift shop selling all sorts of Prisoner related souvenirs. The large building on the left was Number 2's house, although it had a green dome when the series was filmed.

Portmeirion.jpg

Edited by Animedragon
  • Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Stonehenge on Salisbury Plain England erected in the late Neolithic period about 2500 BC and possibly the world's most famous prehistoric monument. There are many theories about how, why and for what purpose it was built what we do know is that it must have been very important for so much time and effort to be devoted to its construction. There's several other neolithic sites near by such as Wood Henge and Durrington Walls and one theory is that they were all related to each other in some way.

Stonehenge.jpg

• Like 2

Something a little different. Weighing in at 1000 tons and standing 62 feet high this is the world's largest working triple expansion steam pumping engine. One of two mighty engines at the Metropolitan Water Board's Kempton Park pumping station in West London which pumped vast quantities of drinking water for London between 1929 and 1980.
The engine in the photo has been fully restored to working order, its twin on the other side of the building remains unrestored.

Visitors were allowed to climb to the very top of the unrestored pumping engine so I did, and regretted it as I'm definitely not good on heights. Actually it gave a fantastic view of the shear scale of the pumping house and the impressive engineering in the engine itself, but it's not something I'm going to repeat.

Pumping Engine.jpg

• Like 2

This is Ashton windmill in Somerset.
There has been a mill on this site since medieval times but the present building probably dates from the 18th century and is now a Grade II* listed building.

Windmill.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

The Commemorative statue of the Ancient Mariner at Watchet harbour in Somerset. It depicts the mariner with his crossbow and the albatross.

("The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" was written by the English poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge in 1797–1798.)

Ancient Mariner.jpg

This club seems to be becoming "Animedragon's photo gallery"! Does anyone else have any photos to share with us?

Edited by Animedragon
  • Like 3

Tom's Creek Falls near Marion, NC. The falls are roughly 60 ft (~18m) high. I took this a few years ago while on a spur-of-the-moment day trip. Very short stroll, but it was a nice scene. I'd really like to go back in the fall of the year when the leaves have begun to turn.

IMG_0075.JPEG

• Like 2
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Looking along the wing of Concorde at Duxford museum.

I live close to the flightpath for London Heathrow and seeing this magnificent machine fly overhead was an amazing sight.

Concorde.jpg

Edited by Animedragon
  • Like 3

On the seafront at Minehead in Somerset there are couple of wire cages filled with rocks, what makes these both curious and interesting is that people are attaching padlocks to them.
There is a small kiosk a few yards away which, among other things, sells padlocks and judging by the number of padlocks on the four sides of the cages the kiosk is doing good business.

Padlocks.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got home from work a little while ago. Mom and I walked out to the back and were greeted by this gorgeous, yellow dahlia. She planted this for my dad last summer, as he was not physically able to do it himself. He passed away on January 1. It felt like he was saying hi when we saw this.

IMG_0557.JPEG

• Like 2
  • Aww 1

• 5 weeks later...

This huge building is Shrewsbury Signal Box, it controls Severn Bridge Junction where five major railway lines converge just outside Shrewsbury station.
The box contains a 180 lever interlocked frame and is the world's largest still operational mechanical signal box and controls 300 train movements every day.

Shrewbury.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1