Open Club  ·  47 members

Poetry Club

Headstone

SAO LILDOOP

Title: Headstone

You're smile, it never went out of style, no I can see it now even while... You rest.

And you're touch, you said it didn't mean much, but the hugs that you gave pulled me outta my grave; so just know, I'll be brave. 

And that voice, it cancelled out the noise of all those other boys whose compliments were just ploys; so please realize, for you alone had I eyes. 

But you're tears, even you couldn't stop them from falling. and you're fears, even I couldn't stop you from stalling. So please stop, don't you know I can hear you calling... 

And these scars, well photo albums just aren't enough! Damn, you could always call my bluff... Without you, I'm just not enough... 

I need you're shoulder. It was always there to cry on, dry my tears and make me bolder; now I just wish you were older, but I'll carry on...

So please rest peacefully, don't worry about me, because you've made me who I need to be. 

You will never be alone, because I'll come everyday to cry at your headstone; and even though you'd never ask me to I will always be with you. 

You're covered now in dew, the soft morning breeze something only once you knew. But I'll be here through and through to keep on reminding you... I love you. 

So I'll tear each petal from these roses to keep your allergies at bay, and l'll sleep in mud to keep you company, I'll do it everyday; yes I'll do it all to just hear you say... Nothing. 

This is your headstone, its decorated with the gifts of ignorant strangers. This is your headstone, surrounded by natural dangers, things you would've avoided forever if you would've gotten better.

Yes, this is your headstone, but its the best I could do... Best friend forever I failed you. But I know what you would say, "its the thought that counts". Why did you always have to be that way? Perfect... 

So I'll read aloud your headstone proud, to my dearest friend and love to the end,

Chloe Rose 1997-2016 

To my rock, my heart and my hero, 

you truly lived up to your name, 

soaked up my blood like a rose 

and always said we were the same, 

but the path you chose truly shows

you were so much stronger than I, 

I guess now I can say I told you so, 

but not before I cry. 

Now I live with the pain you carried, 

to your corpse and memories I'm married, 

I only wish you'd tarried, 

It should have been me you buried.

Yes I'd trade my heavenly crown, 

for just one more day with you on the town,

I just wish you could have worn that gown, 

and gone with me to prom without a frown. 

Nothing's changed much, you inspire me day by day, 

I just wish we could still go outside and play.

So for your soul I'll work and pray

to bring to you God's grace, 

and one day soon, I swear, you'll even see his face. 

- Isabelle Carter 

See you later Chloe, but for now I'll leave you with this, my little purple rosary, 

please, have faith in me, I know I couldn't make you happy

but I swear you'll see a divine eternity, 

though you may not see me... 

Image result for sad anime girl at cemetery

• Sad 1