How much does your feelings affect your life?

KeyDee

Lately I just became so sad but this sadness actually helped me focus a lot on my academics and become a good listener. It's just that, somehow my feelings can change who I am a person, well temporarily and the results are truly awe-inspiring.

I'd like to know if anyone in the community experiences this as well, let's talk.

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

This question is dense and to be honest I'm not completely comfortable leaving a wall post around on something like this... but I'll kinda quote and talk about it slowly spilling the conflicts in my mind that fill me with anxiety and longing

to be honest, feelings can sway my decision

im a logical thinker, but 70% of the time, my feelings will win if they ever met with one another

feeling inferior to other people -- which is good couse it gives me motivation to get past their level, or atleast near their level

though, sometimes i get the feeling of "ill never reach them, they are too perfect and good for me, im useless"

at such idea's, i always just think of one thing

they are not perfect, they have weakness too, they just don't show it

or atleast that's what i tell myself when i wanna give up xD

I don't really rely on feelings though I think more on what is wrong and what is right. Since being born in the 80s and beyond that people have a saying called sticks can break my bones but words can never hurt me. Now everyone is so uptight and a cry baby.  Back in the day comedy was gold, now you are scared to say anything without a bunch of cry babies on twitter coming after you.  Its more important to know what is wrong, then to cry about someone offending you.  Just remember to that actions also show more then words.  

It becomes a struggle to be honest. I get overcome with sadness or just regret and I can't find the motivation to do anything I love. Even talking to people will become hard. Makes my life a pure struggle sometimes.

17 hours ago, Wedgy said:

I'll echo what @Faeding said; there's so many layers to this question and due to its nature alone, answering in full is a wall of text about some very personal experiences.

I used to think I was a more logical person, but the older I'm getting the more I find I have to rely on empathy for dealing with most situations I find myself in. Thinking of myself as a stone cold and forwardly-thinking individual was in hindsight awfully obtuse of me. Realistically, humans are complicated. We all feel a colourful range of emotions but where we differ is in how much we choose to acknowledge them. I now see it as a sign of maturity being able to balance decision making between thinking with your brain and thinking with your heart. Leaning too much in either direction causes turmoil on the opposite end. 

Answers and reasons used to be very clear... very linear thinking... it's not hard for me so that level of expectation put on others was simple.  Now I'm afraid of the walls and I'm continually middling in every aspect possible out of.. fear of my passed failures. 

Edited by Faeding

Tbh, I just look at every challenge as a chance for self improvement and even make things harder on myself on purpose. I believe every human being has the strength to accomplish anything if they just have enough willpower and motivation to work towards it. This view of humanity is something I live and judge others by. I completely hate weakness and therefore I try my best to be there for people who are struggling so I can help awaken the potential they have inside. In my honest opinion though most peoples lives just arent worth living and that makes me both sad and angry, so I try to inspire others; I believe everyone needs to have their own ambition and dream to do something(s) just for themselves because if someone only ever does things for others and teaches said others to do the same the cycle of self-sacrifice wont end. And hey, dont get me wrong, selflesness can be great and all but if thats all you are and all you wish for others to be there will be no more great people nor defining purpose for your sacrifice if those you sacrificed for never did anything for thmselves. 

Kind of a long post, lol. Good topic though @KeyDee

Edited by SAO LILDOOP
  • Like 1

I've had severe anxiety and depression growing up (still do) so I'd like to think it contributes to not needing hardly any socialization or just people being around me in general. So being left out from parties and gatherings doesn't bother me much. If I need socializing of any sort I'll just go on here or play a game online.