~ New Member ~

Amane_Miko

Hey there. My name is Madhuparna. (Just call me Amane/Miko, my name's too long. ) Okay, so a little bit about myself. I'm currently a college 1st year. I love watching anime, reading manga, playing visual novels and other games. My hobbies are reading, quilling and writing stories. I'm also currently learning Japanese. I'm still a complete beginner but I'll give the JLPT-N5 Exam this year. (Wish me luck. >.<)

I'm quite socially awkward and I can't really make small talk (I think).  I'm also quite busy (mainly with watching anime, playing games and studying) so forgive me if I'm not online much but I still hope I can get along with everyone during my time here.

My favorite anime: Pandora Hearts, Hunter X Hunter 2011 and Fairy Tail. There are a lot of others but these are my most favorite.

This is my first time being in a forum. Thank you for having me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

Welcome Miko, humbled you chose AF for your first forum experience. I hope you love it here. There's lots of discussions to be had about a range of topics-- quite namely being anime. I never finished PH but every time I see it mentioned I want to go re-watch it. 

Thank you for the welcome. Yes, you really should re-watch it. I wished so much that it would have a second season. There are so many loose ends you'd just end up wanting more. I didn't have enough patience so I ended up reading the manga as well. It was tragic (no spoilers), but well, it was a really good anime.

2 hours ago, Amane_Miko said:

Thank you. Nice to meet you too. Should I call you Keiko?

Of course, what else if not?
I am a Japanese student as well, I noticed now.

4 hours ago, Keiko said:

Of course, what else if not?
I am a Japanese student as well, I noticed now.

Okay. I asked because I have an unconscious habit of adding '-san' or '-chan' to Japanese names. XD
Oh, which level? I've never met a person outside of my class who's learning or has learnt the language.

1 hour ago, Humbby said:

Hey! welcome to AF, enjoy your stay :D 

Thank you. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amane_Miko said:

Okay. I asked because I have an unconscious habit of adding '-san' or '-chan' to Japanese names. XD
Oh, which level? I've never met a person outside of my class who's learning or has learnt the language.

Oh, feel free to add the honorific suffixes. I mind not.
I am in first year, I started four weeks ago. You mentioned you were a beginner as well.

12 hours ago, Keiko said:

Oh, feel free to add the honorific suffixes. I mind not.
I am in first year, I started four weeks ago. You mentioned you were a beginner as well.

Okay then. Would you prefer Keiko-san? or Keiko-chan?
Ah, I see. I had started in April so I'm a lot better at it now. I used to have so much trouble with remembering the sets of characters properly. I often mixed a few characters of Hiragana with Katakana. Well, I still mix up Kanji though.

12 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Hi Miko!  👋  Gamer and science fiction reader/watcher here.  Welcome to AF.

Hi efaardvark. 👋 Thank you for the welcome.
Would you mind if I call you Vark? Your name is a bit long. 

10 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Hi there! I also liked Hunter x Hunter, but can't really decide which is better, the new version or the old one. You are taking that N5 this year? I heard those are quite difficult! But never even tried or seen one myself 😂

Hey there. I see. I suppose I just liked the art and the extended story-line of 2011 better.
Yes, I've heard that too. And truth be told, only 2 people had passed out of the 10 people in my class that gave the exam earlier this year. Though it seemed like they just didn't study despite attending the class for so long. I'm hoping I can pass it on my first go. ><

3 hours ago, Amane_Miko said:

Okay then. Would you prefer Keiko-san? or Keiko-chan?
Ah, I see. I had started in April so I'm a lot better at it now. I used to have so much trouble with remembering the sets of characters properly. I often mixed a few characters of Hiragana with Katakana. Well, I still mix up Kanji though.

I will prefer Keiko-San, if I choose.
Curiously, the kana do not pose such a problem to me. I have recently begun practising with karaoke, and reading the lyrics. Little results so far, I'm confident nonetheless that it might help for pronounciation, reading, and writing.
Kanji is something unlike anything I've learned before, but I am eager to continue learning them throughout.

If you should like, Amane, feel free to message me anytime for any matter.

7 minutes ago, Keiko said:

I will prefer Keiko-San, if I choose.
Curiously, the kana do not pose such a problem to me. I have recently begun practising with karaoke, and reading the lyrics. Little results so far, I'm confident nonetheless that it might help for pronounciation, reading, and writing.
Kanji is something unlike anything I've learned before, but I am eager to continue learning them throughout.

If you should like, Amane, feel free to message me anytime for any matter.

Okay, Keiko-san.
Yes, karaoke and reading the lyrics does improve all aspects of learning the language. It helps tremendously with your pronounciation, bringing it closer to their native style of talking. Reading and writing are also improved because the lyrics help you learn more words, their meaning and the different forms they're used in. Kanji is the most difficult part of the whole language, I guess. I often get the complex ones mixed up, or sometimes their meanings get jumbled up. I do need to practise though.

Okay, thank you Keiko-san.

• Agree 1