Open Club  ·  47 members

Poetry Club

Smile

SAO LILDOOP

Title: Smile

You're smile, I see it only in my own and you're touch, I feel it every time I moan. Its too much, in bed and alone, a cold husk since you all I've known. 

The warmth dear, makes me feel at home, its cold here that's why I'm writing this poem; I just hope, that you don't know, I can't cope, where did you go? 

I'm selfish, telling you this, selfish but I'm eating my fist. This dark world, was so much brighter when you, opened my eyes to a whole other view, 

but right now, that views looking dim, because someones here and your not him. He's talking in my ear and making me grin, I'm buying him a beer though I know its a sin. 

He's drawing me nearer, is our love fleeting? Because I feel like I'm floating right up to the ceiling! 

But I cry when he wants a smile, inside, I'm so in denial. Bedside has gone out of style, because from you I'm only a mile. 

And this thought it torments me so, I don't want to stay but should I go, oh I don't know... 

Honey you'd like him, its true I swear, you not even here, why should you care? 

I'm sorry, I just wish I could run my fingers through your hair. Its ungodly, this feeling of despair. 

And now into the photo albums I stare, our pictures weary with wear and tear, covered up by an unlikely pair. 

Family called me and I came running, but I live regretfully, its not that shocking. 

3 years hold me here, tiny hands and words of cheer; and 54 years hold me down, but not enough to drown. 

I've turned my smile to a frown, worn once to many a wedding gown; If I'm to see you once more, I'll be sure to bring something you'll adore. 

Bathtub water play and play, soap is fun but I cannot delay; we will see you today, my baby. 

• Sad 1