Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Too Cautious

Ohayotaku

spacer.png

https://myanimelist.net/anime/38659/Shinchou_Yuusha__Kono_Yuusha_ga_Ore_Tueee_Kuse_ni_Shinchou_Sugiru

Thought I’d create a topic for this show since a couple other members had indicated that they watched the first episode at least. 
Also, while browsing another site I clicked a spoiler that contained more information than I intended to learn at this early stage 🤐 Suffice to say that despite being largely comedic up  to this point there is a more serious and darker side to the story.

Episode 3 contains a lot of hints to the big picture while still being funnier than last week IMO (especially Seiya’s new sparring partner 😂).

Anyway, this will get boring fast if I’m the only one talking. So, anyone else care to give their thoughts?

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Figure I’d put out a few thoughts on the latest episode (5).

Not sure if you can really call what Seiya is doing building a harem since it seems likely that Valkyrie & Adenela will try to kill him next time their paths cross 😂

On the serious side of things, I really feel bad for Elulu

Seiya makes her & Mash feel pretty useless to begin with. Then turns out she has no potential as a mage. And the reveal at the end is that her grand destiny is to be a sacrifice. Of course I don’t doubt for a minute it’s another opportunity for Seiya to show he’s not actually the uncaring jerk he acts like. I do wonder if the dragon elder is actually being straight or just testing him though

Edited by Ohiotaku

14 hours ago, Seshi said:

I'd planned to watch this before I found out its not on any of my streaming services. 

Seen some clips and it does seem very funny. Maybe another future contender for the isekai quartet?

Yeah, there were several new series Crunchyroll didn’t get this season. I think you would like it. The MC  is kind of a caricature of Naofumi (very blunt about offending people by letting them know he doesn’t trust or need them). The companion Goddess’ over the top reactions make it largely comedic though 🤣

However I accidentally found out ahead of time that there’s a pretty dark reason for why he’s that way. There’ve already been some clues about it and hints of a more serious tone down the road (kinda like Trigun after you learned Vash’s backstory). 
Of the season’s new series it’s probably the most promising.

Edited by Ohiotaku