The History Kid

[Extended] Fall Festival Contest: Announcement

19ff.thumb.jpg.7060219d55eb4d8d2a56cd12ff176dd9.jpg

UPDATE: Both parts extended to 31 December 2019.

Depending on where you are in the world, it's one of the best times of the year.  Fall.  The leaves are changing, sweatshirt weather has appeared, and we can sit and sulk as we realize another year has gone by without skydiving or bungee jumping.  (Or just celebrate that you made, it - I won't judge.)

To celebrate this, we are kicking off with a series of contests I've wanted to experiment with for a while.  There are two parts to this contest, but the rewards and method of posting to enter them are the same.

The Gist: 

• 1. Make sure you have an AnimeForum.net Blog.  If you don't head over here to get one!
  • 2. Read the rules of each part.  You may participate in one or both of them (or none, I'm not the boss of you).
  • 3. Write your entry in your blog.
  • 4. Post a link to your entry in the contest threads. Part OnePart Two
  • 5. That's all there is to it.

There are first, second, and third place prizes for each part.  The first prize winner will win a $15 Amazon gift card.

Rules are posted in each thread, but I included them here as well.  Be sure to take your time and have fun.  These contests have about a month a piece to work with.  Incidentally, I will only be judging one of these (Part One), we will have another lavish and extravagant judge to work on Part Two.  I hear this other judge got into an arm wrestling match with Chuck Norris and won, so no cheating!  Cheaters will be forced to fight to the death against the Berenstain Bears and Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory.

Have fun, y'all!

page01.thumb.jpg.2ab3619f7cfef9ed39e2ede45daee550.jpg

page02.thumb.jpg.ce8adff514cbf9e8415671baeb07b8c4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Creative 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Trying to decide which anime to review... I have seen a few good ones this year. Anyway.. Gonna be fun

On 11/2/2019 at 4:33 PM, The History Kid said:

19ff.thumb.jpg.7060219d55eb4d8d2a56cd12ff176dd9.jpg

Depending on where you are in the world, it's one of the best times of the year.  Fall.  The leaves are changing, sweatshirt weather has appeared, and we can sit and sulk as we realize another year has gone by without skydiving or bungee jumping.  (Or just celebrate that you made, it - I won't judge.)

To celebrate this, we are kicking off with a series of contests I've wanted to experiment with for a while.  There are two parts to this contest, but the rewards and method of posting to enter them are the same.

The Gist: 

• 1. Make sure you have an AnimeForum.net Blog.  If you don't head over here to get one!
  • 2. Read the rules of each part.  You may participate in one or both of them (or none, I'm not the boss of you).
  • 3. Write your entry in your blog.
  • 4. Post a link to your entry in the contest threads. Part OnePart Two
  • 5. That's all there is to it.

There are first, second, and third place prizes for each part.  The first prize winner will win a $15 Amazon gift card.

Rules are posted in each thread, but I included them here as well.  Be sure to take your time and have fun.  These contests have about a month a piece to work with.  Incidentally, I will only be judging one of these (Part One), we will have another lavish and extravagant judge to work on Part Two.  I hear this other judge got into an arm wrestling match with Chuck Norris and won, so no cheating!  Cheaters will be forced to fight to the death against the Berenstain Bears and Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory.

Have fun, y'all!

page01.thumb.jpg.2ab3619f7cfef9ed39e2ede45daee550.jpg

page02.thumb.jpg.ce8adff514cbf9e8415671baeb07b8c4.jpg

Are you a treacher? Sounds like a history assignment. Its a fun idea and I will definitely participate.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

10 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

Are you a treacher? Sounds like a history assignment. Its a fun idea and I will definitely participate.

Thats exactly what I said XD

Uh oh HK. You've been discovered!

But honetsly since the topic choices are so limitless it really sounds like fun.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

I mean......

um.jpg.ae41ab381c34f9e7a80f258d3ebb3e64.jpg

I do educate (sometimes), yes.  Just trying to get more people into it - story of a profession and all that jazz.  Especially jazz.  Erm...sorry, my puns are showing...

7 hours ago, Seshi said:

Uh oh HK. You've been discovered!

Didn't you already discover me?  Rere...re...discovered?  I'm like muricuh...

• Funny 1

17 hours ago, The History Kid said:

Didn't you already discover me?  Rere...re...discovered?  I'm like muricuh...

Now your nerd is showing too 😁

Due to some neglect on my own part and the forums dropping out for about 36 hours earlier last month, I've decided to extend this out to 31 December.  Y'all have till the end of 2019 for it now.  Main post will be updated to reflect this shortly.

• Like 1