What gifts are you wanting for Christmas?

Granola

I don't really get into the Christ mass-shopping season.  If I can manage to take a few days off from work I'll be happy.  Ideally I'd eat like a pig on turkey day, then go into hibernation until sometime around late February or early March, but my boss won't take a hint & just says I don't have enough vacation time.   :D

2 hours ago, Wedgy said:

This year we have to invest in new laundry appliances.

Been there, doin' that.  This Saturday I took the shutters off the laundry room closet area where we hide the washer and dryer so we can get to the old machines and get them out and the new ones in.  The guy from Lowes was supposed to be calling me this week to schedule delivery & installation.

All I want for Christmas is world peace. 

No, but seriously, we never used to do gifts when I was growing up. And now that we're older, my family has been more and more into it, but I'm still meh about it. I don't give anything, and I don't expect to receive anything.

The gifts angle definitely means a lot more when there are kids involved. If a grown up really wants or needs something they tend to go buy it instead of waiting on the off chance someone will go buy it for them. For my sister & brother-in-law I usually buy a practical gift and then a sentimental (or funny) gift.

As far as my wish list though, would still like a Nintendo Switch (of course then I would need more time and money for the games 😂 )

• Silly 1

On 11/4/2019 at 3:56 PM, Illusion of Terra said:

Are there any specific titles @Granola?

I don't do Christmas, so nothing for me 😂 I do wonder though if people give anime-related stuff for Christmas?

Last year I gave one of my nephews the complete dragon ball and dbz box set for his birthday, so I asked him later who his favorite character was, he said kid Goku. So I got him a DBZ hoodie with kid goku on the back as part of his christmas gift. I wouldn't do this for my other nephew, who has no interest in anime.

OP, I would like my hunting license for christmas 😁

• Like 2

Christmas kinda loses its luster over time. Nowadays, if I want things I usually just buy them, or at least budget to buy them later. However I do like getting whiskey, particularly Fireball,  for Christmas. I love the stuff, but not to the point I will go out of my way to get it~

6 hours ago, Seshi said:

Last year I gave one of my nephews the complete dragon ball and dbz box set for his birthday, so I asked him later who his favorite character was, he said kid Goku. So I got him a DBZ hoodie with kid goku on the back as part of his christmas gift. I wouldn't do this for my other nephew, who has no interest in anime.

that's one fantastic gift!

• Friendly 1