Which Door Do You Use?

Seshi

Which door do you enter your house through?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which door do you enter your house through?

• Front
    • Side
    • Back
    • Garage
  2. 2. Which door is for guests to enter?

• Front
    • Side
    • Back
    • Garage

Serious question. To some of us it might seem quite straight forward and will be confounded by the preferences of others, so I thought I'd ask here: What door do you prefer using to go into your house? And is that the same door you use for guests? Please enlighten us.

• Silly 1

Side supremacists rise up~

The side door is closer to both of the garages as well as where the guest parking is, so it is always the go to~

The front door exists mostly for the purpose of going onto the porch to enjoy coffee on nice mornings~

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

why do you guys have so many doors 😂 Let me say that these are some first world issues I wish I had 😂 

Jokes aside, I don't understand what exactly a 'side door' is? I get the idea of a front door i.e. the main entrance to the house. Back door if you have a garden in the back of the house also seems to make sense. Garage door seems a bit overly excessive to me, but what the heck if you don't want to walk a few steps from the garage to the main entrance go for it 😂Where does a side door fit into all of this? I don't suppose it is a door that is actually at the side of the house, is it?

Like if we take the Simpsons' house, where would the side door be?

Edited by Illusion of Terra
  • Funny 1

10 minutes ago, Wedgy said:

toward the goat pasture

you can't just drop something like 'goat pasture' and not elaborate 😂 

So it seems to be just a difference in what we call front/back. I'd call the side the 'main entrance' is on the front of the house. So I guess I'd call the door to your kitchen the back door and the other the front door (unless they are on the same side). This is getting complicated 😂 

Edited by Illusion of Terra

I dont have a garage, but If I did, that would be my entrance, and I would expect guests to use the front door, which has a porch and a path from the driveway where guests can park (and where I park).

My house has a front, back and side door. That is not very uncommon here. Though since my neighbor uses her back door exclusively (due to parking in the back) and my other neighbor using their side door exclusively, I wondered if the front door was something anyone would think to walk up and use? It seems to be common sense for me to walk up to someones front door say if I was delivering pizza or girl scouting. Haha. But alas, everyone has their preferences and reasons.

• Like 1

Re: FirstWorldProblems... We have TWO back doors!  At some point somebody added a room in the middle of the back of the house, and a door was added on both sides of the addition to access the back yard.

As for the door I use... now i don't know how to answer this.  We have a loooong driveway along one entire side of the house.  There's a door in back that I usually use because it's up near the garage where I usually park the car.  But the door is actually in the side of the house, facing the driveway.  Would that make it a back door or a side door? 🤔

And yes, I just posted to confuse the issue.  :D

Edited by efaardvark
  • Silly 1

Front door. It's convenient.  The backdoor is to our fenced in backyard. You'd have to go through one of the three gates to get in. Then the garage can only be accessed by our remotes (which we only use if retrieving something from the garage, as we use our double garage for storage, not parking) or by a door in our fenced in backyard.  Front door is more convenient. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Beocat said:

we use our double garage for storage, not parking

I resemble that remark.. or at least my garage does.  :D

garage.jpg.48a0d194b76ae1fa44a4b90995bc0169.jpg

Edited by efaardvark
  • Silly 1