Would be badass if there is wild west anime?

Big Boar

With the success of Vinland Saga that sets a thousand years ago, how about an anime that sets a hundred plus years ago in wild west? There's maybe great story there just like the Vikings of Vinland Saga? And this could attract attention of Red dead redemption fans, would it be a great settings for an Anime,?

Edited by Big Boar
  • Like 1

Trigun too had a western theme. Problem is that western themes are...western....  the Japanese writers are generally lost in that kind of setting. They don't have a personal historic time period that they can look back on for inspiration that is anything similar to "Western". I doubt we'll ever see a proliferation of anime with Western themes for this reason alone. In some animes you see glimpes of it, but even those glimpses lack a true understanding of "the Wild West". 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fireduck said:

Ironic that I saw this as I just turned off Golden Kamuy episode 2 and the town in the snow gave me strong western vibes.  Was literally thinking that then saw this post immediately after...funny!

Agreed 100%  The series has a number of similarities to spaghetti westerns most notably, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. And I think Sugimoto & Asirpa reminds me a bit of True Grit. “Saichi Sugimoto, a veteran of the Battle of 203 Hill in the Russo-Japanese War, works as a miner in Hokkaido in order to provide for the widow of his dead comrade. He hears a dubious story about a hidden trove of Ainu gold, the location of which is hidden in the tattoos of a group of convicts who escaped from Abashiri Prison. When he discovers that the story is true, and that multiple other groups are in pursuit of the gold, he decides to search for it along with Asirpa, a young Ainu girl.”

Along the lines of Trigun, there’s also Gun x Sword

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 3 weeks later...