Pokemon News Thread

Ryuji

@Ryuji: That explains the rereleases of Red/Green in all its glory next month. So can't wait!

I can't wait for this either! I think I'm going to get Pokemon Green!

Also, if you download Red/Geen/Yellow/Blue from the Japan e-shop, you'll receive a download code so you can get a Mew in OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire.

@Ryuji Gen VII by the end of the year is totally possible. But everyone's been saying that it would be Pokemon Z.

Not that I can blame them, since there's the new Zygarde forms and the new season of the anime is called 'X, Y, and Z'. But compared to all the 'third wheel' pokemon games, Z would just seem late and uninspired for an anniversary. Plus I'm not the biggest fan of XY, so I'd rather go with something totally new.

Remember everybody predicting Pokemon Grey back in Gen V?

And the R/S remake came as a surprise in 2014 and we didn't get a main series game at all in 2015.

Pokemon Z is just too obvious.

Mr. Masuda likes to surprise us.

Not to mention, that pic I posted shows all the games that are the first of their generation and 2016 has nothing by it yet.

Of course, it might just be that Nintendo thinks Pokemon GO is enough to satisfy Pokemon for the 20th... but no one would really want JUST that.

Nintendo isn't that stupid.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ryuji : I have a Japanese 3DS, so I can download from the Japanese shop, but I don't have OR/AS since I wasn't a fan of the original Ruby/Sapphire.

Anyone here want the code for Mew?

@Ryuji : I have a Japanese 3DS, so I can download from the Japanese shop, but I don't have OR/AS since I wasn't a fan of the original Ruby/Sapphire.

Anyone here want the code for Mew?

I'm sure the code is region locked.

Unless somebody has a Japanese copy of ORAS, they probably won't be able to use the code.

The main thing I like about ORAS is that you can catch Deoxys in-game without events.

I'm sure the code is region locked.

Unless somebody has a Japanese copy of ORAS, they probably won't be able to use the code.

The main thing I like about ORAS is that you can catch Deoxys in-game without events.

Didn't think of that. Wish I could just keep Mew for Green as opposed to its only being used for OR/AS.

Didn't think of that. Wish I could just keep Mew for Green as opposed to its only being used for OR/AS.

The only way you can get Mew in R/B/G/Y is if you buy the special Pokemon themed 2DS that Japan is getting.

The only way you can get Mew in R/B/G/Y is if you buy the special Pokemon themed 2DS that Japan is getting.

Yeah, but I'm too cheap and broke for that.^^

Edited by Guest

Err... None of you guys heard of the infamous Mew Glitch? It works for any version of the first gen games and you can do it before getting the second gym badge.

Err... None of you guys heard of the infamous Mew Glitch? It works for any version of the first gen games and you can do it before getting the second gym badge.
I know they're going to leave the game the same, but I doubt they're going to leave in the glitches.

I know they're going to leave the game the same, but I doubt they're going to leave in the glitches.

Well... They purposefully left in glitches in Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, and that was a remake. This is a straight up port (outside of wireless Multiplayer) and very little bug fixing was ever done with Nintendo's Virtual console Library.

On the subject of glitches though, I am curious about one glitch and how they'll handle it in the 3DS port. In the original versions of R/B/Y/G (as well as G/S/C), the Japanese and Localized versions of the game had data stored in different places of the code (for some reason) so trading with an international version of the game with a Japanese version of the game has a slight chance of giving a glitch Pokemon or wiping out all data between both games... of course, their way of fixing this might just be region locking.

They HAVE to keep MissingNo though. I mean, that's a Pokemon Glitch staple right there.

IF the Mew Glitch is still there, I shall definitely exploit it.

I hope they fix that other glitch you mentioned though.

• Agree 1

I thought the Missingno glitch could mess up your game-cart or game. If that's the case, I doubt they'd keep that in.

Coinciding with the release of the TCG’s Mythical Pokemon Collections, players will be able to download one Mythical Pokemon a month to their Generation VI games starting in February!

• Mew / Gamestop / February 1st – 24th
  • Celebi / Nintendo Network / March 1st – March 24th
  • Jirachi / Nintendo Network / April
  • Darkrai / Gamestop / May
  • Manaphy / Nintendo Network / June
  • Shaymin / Nintendo Network / July
  • Arceus / Gamestop / August
  • Victini / Nintendo Network / September
  • Keldeo / Nintendo Network / October
  • Genesect / Gamestop / November
  • Meloetta / Nintendo Network / December

Check out the new Mythical Pokemon artwork by Ken Sugimori!

open.php?u=WR3X1zlviAgXwYLZNk0SPPSkgG3y4%2Bttj2Tq%2Bhb8yQ3F2ZVx6Aulj0qpAvaQc15Spcups%2BR67DiSsWCmtax7n7yD6sY511EScHG8ZhABPkG5WIovjrpVGlUysjIGekM%3D&b=29

A New Nintendo 3DS bundle will also be released to celebrate Pokemon’s 20th anniversary! It’ll come with a regular New Nintendo 3DS, Red and Blue both pre-installed, a Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue 3DS theme, and two cover plates featuring the box art from the original games and the Pokemon 20th anniversary logo. It will launch on February 27th, but no price has been announced yet.

CYh6o4nUQAAJhr6.jpg.6990f32fc089b488343ff37a1a158c83.jpg

These Events are for USA and Europe.

This New 3DS will be the first non XL new3ds for US.

Edited by Guest

Now we can finally use those faceplates!

And don't forget the AnimalCrossing New3DS.

I'm not an Animal Crossing fan...

I'm thinking about getting the new 3ds with the Charizard and Blastoise faceplates though. Too bad it doesn't come with Pokemon Green and a Venusaur faceplate :P

I'm not an Animal Crossing fan...

I'm thinking about getting the new 3ds with the Charizard and Blastoise faceplates though. Too bad it doesn't come with Pokemon Green and a Venusaur faceplate :P

I think it's actually all in one bundle from what I can tell. Two faceplates and both games on one system. I wouldn't be surprised if you could buy a Venusaur faceplate from Japan xP.

I think it's actually all in one bundle from what I can tell. Two faceplates and both games on one system. I wouldn't be surprised if you could buy a Venusaur faceplate from Japan xP.

It is all in one bundle. I didn't think about getting it from japan though. Thanks!

• Like 1

I'm pretty excited about these 11 event Pokémon when I saw the announcement this morning, as there are a few Pokémon I never got a chance to get my hands on like Shaymin, Arceus, Mew, Manaphy, and Darkrai. Still sucks I never got my Hoopa though as I never go to McDonalds and would never step one foot in there :meh:

• 2 weeks later...
I heard from JWittz that it actually was about murder cases.

I heard him say that to, but there's nothing that really proves it from the advertising. I do think we'll get actual serious cases though, maybe kidnapping.

Speaking of which, a lot of new info was revealed about the game through screenshot, which can be viewed here.

He has a weakness for beautiful women. He occasionally instigates Tim into inviting girls he’s interested in to going out for some tea.

I love how they are setting up detective Pikachu to be a believable character (Outside of the fact he's a Pikachu, of course) with realistic flaws. It really sets him apart from the Pikachu from the anime, which I feel was devoided of an actual personality. I really hope this comes westwards soon.