Currently-Airing Movies

Illusion of Terra

Why not have a thread about currently-airing movies where you can suggest or comment on a currently airing movie you've just seen or plan to see, and others can say what they think about it or if they are going to see it.

I am considering watching this, although I am not from the US and haven't seen the show growing up 😂 from what I've seen however it seemed like a fantastic show. Anyone seen the movie and can say something about it?

Might also in some way be fitting for Thanksgiving?

• Like 1

I liked Mr. Rodgers growing up, and now I love Daniel Tiger (an animated version). With my little one it's always nice to have a positive influence she can look to in learning how to handle certain childhood situations like potty training and sharing your toys etc. I'd love to take her to a Daniel tigers neighborhood movie in theatres. 

I was interested in seeing Frozen 2, but the reviews are showing it being more suited for pre-teens due to its darker content, rather than a 3yo. So I'll be holding off for now. Not sure what else is showing right now.

• Like 1

The only movie I plan to see in theater anytime soon is Rise of Skywalker, and and at this point it’s more about being a completionist than actually looking forward to it. Episodes IV - VI as a whole are probably my all time favorite movies, but I honestly don’t expect them to be able to clean up the mess that was  The Last Jedi (of course I thought the same thing after Attack of the Clones but Revenge of the Sith was at least decent). To give you an idea of how burned out I am, I’m not even interested in the Mandolorian.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just saw Rise of Skywalker and despite my skepticism, was reasonably happy with how it all turned out. At least now I can break my ties to the franchise on a positive note. I think it’s hilarious how for the last 2 movies the opinions for the critics & the audience are pretty much the opposite. Some reassurance that the public at large isn’t buying into the industry’s bs about the type of movies they should enjoy.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

Yeah, I enjoyed Rise of Skywalker enough to watch it twice.  Which is saying something...Disney definitely made some leaps with it but it was enjoyable. I'm an old time OG Star Wars fan and I was able to enjoy it.

On another note, Jumanji and Knives Out were  both really good too.

• Like 1

Continuing the trend of anime movies getting US releases, Weathering With You is coming to a local theater on January 15th & 16th. Looks amazing, but ironically “weather” is kinda unpredictable this time of year, so gonna wait till closer to time to decide whether to buy tickets (showings are weekday nights so shouldn’t sell out)

https://www.fathomevents.com/categories/anime

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just finished The Platform on Netflix. Although it originally is in Spanish I watched a bit of it subbed but needed to multitask and didn't mind the dubbed version.

The movie is fairly graphic if you aren't into blood (there are some pretty dark scenes). But, the plot is definitely something to get you thinking about life, and choices. I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone. But I'd definitely check it out if you want to see a fictional world where people are forced to choose between helping others or helping themselves. That being said I think you could interpret the story in so many ways

Any who, here is the trailer.