The Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water

Ryuji

[FLOAT_RIGHT]59e216c1e36d1_asteriskwar.png.4ef25582a9f9e66e2e70096c930a07b9.png[/FLOAT_RIGHT]

The "Star Wars Festival" occurs on the world's largest stage for the integrated battle entertainment which is the Academy City on water, Rivka (also known as Asterisk) The young boys and girls of the "Starpulse Generation" belonging to the six academies made their wishes with Shining Armaments in their hands, vying for supremacy—Amagiri Ayato is one of them.

This looks like it's going to be quite great! I can't wait to watch it in October!

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...

Season 1 is confirmed to be 12 episodes.

Season 2 is confirmed to be 12 episodes. Season 2 will air in April 2016.

I can't believe season 1 hasn't officially even started airing and season 2 is already announced xP

Depending on the reactions of others, I may consider watching this. At best though, I probably wont start until early November.

I can't believe season 1 hasn't officially even started airing and season 2 is already announced xP

Yeah, I've noticed this seems to be a trend recently. It probably allows them to make profits more evenly throughout the year doing it this way. It would probably also allow for them to work on other projects better as well, as they don't have to focus on a project that takes up half the year consecutively.

• Informative 1

Depending on the reactions of others, I may consider watching this. At best though, I probably wont start until early November.

I'll let you know what I think of it.

I hope it's going to be great.

The first episode was great!

One moment Julis was thanking Ayato for returning her handkerchief and the next minute she was trying to kill him because he saw her undressing xP It was great xP

The whole concept of the Genestella is pretty neat!

There are many questions that I hope get answered if not this season, then in season 2.

Overall it was totally worth watching and I hope the rest of the season is just as fantastic!

1500x500-620x315.jpe.e649f7d0bf7dcc47d13438e33543f936.jpe

MAL: "The Academy City on the water, Rikka (otherwise known as Asterisk) is the world's largest stage for the integrated battle entertainment, "Star Wars Festival." The young boys and girls of the "Starpulse Generation" belonging to the six academies made their wishes with Shining Armaments in their hands, vying for supremacy—Amagiri Ayato is one of them.

Ayato arrived at Rikka at the invitation of the Student Council President of the Seidoukan Academy, Claudia, and right after that he incurred the wrath of the "Petalblaze Witch" Julis, and ended up having to duel her.

The greatest academy battle entertainment, begins here!

(Source: jCafe24)"

Myself and @Kingu are watching this one, anyone else? Thoughts? If you're not watching then check it out :)

It does look like it might be interesting but I cant help but see a huge bunch of overlap with a load of other anime ... Absolute Duo for one ... especially after the flashback in the beginning of episode 2.

Edited by Guest

It does look like it might be interesting but I cant help but see a huge bunch of overlap with a load of other anime ... Absolute Duo for one ... especially after the flashback in the beginning of episode 2.

It's definitely not something unique or groundbreaking, but it sure is pretty! It's nice to have a good mix of easy to watch and thoughtful anime imo.

This anime has a great opening theme!

Julis is slowly falling for Ayato :P

Julis and Saya throwing insults back and forth at each other was great xD

I'm torn between Julis and Saya now xP They are both so cute!

My favorite part of this episode is definitely the part with the Ogre Luxes. It was pretty cool!

• Agree 1

I've just watched the first episode of this one. It has been a little while since I've seen a well done funny, ecchi harem with fantasy/Sci-Fi elements, I am reminded fondly of Infinite Stratos.

Julis is intriguing..

Claudia is ridiculous.

But it's all in good fun.

I noticed A1 Pictures is doing this one - it is beautifully animated and the soundtrack is great. :) Will check out the second episode tomorrow. :angel:

Also will add this on the slider. ;)

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Second episode was good.

My favourite scene was Saya with her big fricken weapon. That was unexpected. :o

ep-02-0904.thumb.jpg.0739b7560017f76ff4185b2b79caf44a.jpg

Ayato's reaction with Julis and Saya's see through uniforms was hilarious too.

ep-02-0938.thumb.jpg.d25699d97497269735d0eb617a87bdfb.jpg

On a more serious note, be interesting to see how Ayato adapts to that new weapon.

... Absolute Duo for one ... especially after the flashback in the beginning of episode 2.

Have to admit I never ended up finishing Absolute Duo, definitely stark similarities with this one though. Pair up magical battles, academy setting...

Julis and Saya throwing insults back and forth at each other was great xD

I liked the mutual angst they had towards Claudia when they were fighting over who would be best to give Ayato a tour of the academy. :P

ep-02-0662.thumb.jpg.0f5d621dafd5ddcf9fbb4c3df5397fcf.jpg

ep-02-0656.thumb.jpg.46f896989e2c8ec06a9bb62131797cd4.jpg

This anime has a great opening theme!

I have to agree the OP is awesome

Ditto to this too. Absolutely best OP this season. :angel:

ep-02-0722.thumb.jpg.8fcdabf131c9ca3f329ef5b125a598ea.jpg

ep-02-0879.thumb.jpg.6468e7366b72faeea138466290deec18.jpg

ep-02-0926.thumb.jpg.0a5f14c64319c8a88340ab9e7c40ca2e.jpg

ep-02-0654.thumb.jpg.8827d15b0ba805f5fdc940c629d5f2df.jpg

• Like 1

Too much Claudia in the beginning >.<

Finding out about some of Julis's past was nice.

Seriously Ayato? You declare you're going to protect Julis and then you go and jump off a building? xD

Aside from the beginning, it was a great episode!

Pretty decent show so far. I really just want to see some fighting in that tournament though. Also, since it seems like they are fighting to the death (as it seems like his sister did die probably), it seems like a rather lighthearted show so far.

Wow, this week's episode was great! They are surprisingly taking the romance side of things at a steady pace, and the action scenes are fabulous. Also, killing all those robots with only one free arm is a tad OP. :P Really looking forward to seeing what comes next. :)

• Agree 1

Another great episode!

Ayato is completely OP xP

Julis was pretty great with her wings of fire <3

The blooming romance between the two is great <3

I am a sucker for romance xP

What the heck happened to Saya? She hasn't shown up since she was introduced....I feel like they've forgotten about her....they haven't even mentioned her....

----

My 600th post!!!

Edited by Guest

I am loving the romance.

vlcsnap-00032.thumb.jpg.e84e5e66001f788de20260bd9708f0a0.jpg

One of the cutest scenes I've seen in a loooong time.

I am loving the Prez she is freaking awesome with her heterochromia and duel blades , also the reporter looks like he could be a powerful and cool character.

Pretty good episode this week. Although, Ayato lost the fight, it was rather interesting to learn that the girl was rank one in the school. I really hope this doesn't go full harem though. Hopefully they will focus more on Ayato x Julis next week.

I really hope this doesn't go full harem though. .

I do believe it already has gone full harem.

This episode was pretty good. Kirin is my new favorite character now. <3

• Geano locked this topic