People think shanks is the strongest yonko but they never saw him even fighting. Yes, I'm talking about when people put their yonko power rankings and its something like 1st - shanks, 2nd - kaido .. etc.. Why shanks first when you already know that Kaido is the strongest creature alive and when it's 1v1 u bet on kaido... In my opinion, the list goes like this

1. Kaido.
2. Big Mom.
3. Blackbeard.
4. Shanks.
But you can disagree.

Big Mom, in my opinion, is one of the most underrated characters in one piece. A lot of people think she is the weakest yonko while we have only seen her get hurt by her own attack ones. She was able to defeat a 300-year-old strongest giant with one hit as a 5-year-old without her fruit and even Pirate King Roger avoided fighting her and stole her poneglyph. She even clashed with Kaido for a time and the fact she has such a strong crew might even make her the strongest if we also are talking about there crew.

• Agree 1

I know what you mean.

I believe most people think that because we haven't seen him fight, Shanks must be this amazing overpowered character. Like, there hasn't been a situation that required him to go all out etc.. and on the other hand, he did stop the war between Whitebeard and the Marines. Another thing that might contribute to his hype is the fact that Oda still keeps him in the shadows, there isn't much that we know about Shanks, we haven't seen him fight and yet it seems that Shanks is very knowledgeable and know alot of people etc..

So, i kinda see where they're coming from and i say they because I too believe that he's overrated.

8 hours ago, Serge heartless said:

In anime little girls for the most part are the most powerful characters. Like Lain, she can change and control the whole world when ever she wants. And pretty much do anything she wants. 

Image result for serial experiments lain

Im sorry what does this have to do with Shanks LMAO not trying to be rude just asking :D

9 hours ago, Tv-Crimes said:

I know what you mean.

I believe most people think that because we haven't seen him fight, Shanks must be this amazing overpowered character. Like, there hasn't been a situation that required him to go all out etc.. and on the other hand, he did stop the war between Whitebeard and the Marines. Another thing that might contribute to his hype is the fact that Oda still keeps him in the shadows, there isn't much that we know about Shanks, we haven't seen him fight and yet it seems that Shanks is very knowledgeable and know alot of people etc..

So, i kinda see where they're coming from and i say they because I too believe that he's overrated.

Well, I'm still gonna think he is the weakest yonko untill we get some more info cause right now there is really not that much info about the dude.

The thing is that any yonko or just strong character could have stopped the war and a looooooot of people think they were scared of him while that's not true. Like the admirals did not want to fight 2 yonko and they realized that the battle was pointless. 

And then we have Mihawk..... oh boy. There are soooooooo many people that think Mihawk is scared of fighting Shanks while it was stated multiple times that he did not want to fight Shanks cause he thought it would be unfair to fight a guy with one arm. Also, they are Nakama so yeah.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By heyrenren
      One more page and I will sleep same thing I always told to myself when i watch anime, but this manga in titled "demon slayer" keeps me alive and never allows me to rest as page goes by, it keeps me reading it until i reach the last page but until now I'm half way through with it and it's still not finish yet, now I'm trouble finding my sleep in midday, I guess I should continue to read this amazing manga.  
    • By nacleus
      Hi!
      I've been searching for an old anime that I once watched long ago - around the same time in which Armitage III was still being shown (I was able to find that anime, and now I'm looking for the other one that I watched around that same time) - I want to say 2005-06?
      The general scheme I recall about this anime was there were military personnel working with scientists that were trying to stop these huge spectral-like monsters that could basically float and fly anywhere. The monsters could pass through any solid objects, and when they passed through the human soldiers they would die instantly. 

There's two scenes that I remember distinctly:
      1.  A group of soldiers were going out on a mission in a cargo plane - there were these very long spectral monsters whizzing by in the distance - the pilots were trying to avoid them. Cut scene to one of the spectral monsters just going right through the cargo plane - leaving it physically unharmed but instantly killing the soldiers it phased through. It wasn't so much messy but the soldiers definitely died painfully!
      2. In another scene, a special group of soldiers are coming back from a mission - upon their return, each of the soldiers are checked for whether or not they contain traces of the spectral monsters they fought against - one soldier was indeed feeling unwell and was placed into a sci-fi surgical table - a machine was then operated on by another scientist who was searching for and eliminating the traces of whatever this thing was from the soldier's body. They had to sift around quite a bit in order to find and destroy the foreign entity, each second passing bringing the soldier closer to his body's breaking point.

I apologize if this is hard to describe, and whether its appropriate to just ask for help this way.

If anyone has any good tips on searching through sci-fi anime from back in those days, I would really appreciate it!
    • By efaardvark
      Ok, I have no artistic talent of my own, but I know there's a few others here without such a handicap.  Now is your time.   
      What is an amabie, you ask?  Well, wikipedia says, "... the amabiko is a multi-legged prophesizing creature which prescribes the display of its artistic likeness to defend against sickness or death."
      Yokai.com - obviously(?) the leading authority on yokai - has this somewhat more useful description,
      If anyone has some drawing skills and would like to take a crack at illustrating the above description(s) - for fun and (possibly) the aid of humanity - then post your artwork below.   I think a bunch of people might benefit from seeing it before this whole thing is over.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amabie
      http://yokai.com/amabie/
      https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/amabie
    • By RuthisianCodex
      I'm about 5 episodes in & so far I like it which surprises me because it's all about killer mutant cockroaches in space & I hate roaches with a burning passion so go figure. I was actually so freaked out after the 1st episode that I cleaned my house from top to bottom. And no, I'm not exaggerating. I literally swept & mopped all the floors, did the laundry, took out all the trash, re-arranged the kitchen & scrubbed the surfaces in my kitchen & bathroom until they shined. **shudders** Ugh! I mean I like other bugs & insects but roaches...no thanks! 
      Anyway, curious to see if anyone else here has seen this show & if so, what are your thoughts? 

Anime Forums

A unique community of fans from around the world, who gather to share their fandom and love of anime, manga, gaming, fanart and at the cornerstone of it all, Japanese culture!

Take a moment to join us today and you'll have access to our member clubs and events too. Come join in the fun and become a part of our community.
insta-1

twit