GIMP and Plugins

SerpentGod

Greetings all, and Merry Christmas.

I would like to ask our fellow GIMP users here; what are your favorite plugins? Granted, it may not be as feature rich as Lightroom or Photoshop, but its currently my only option as its free. I'm trying to get the same functions found in Lightroom to work in GIMP via plugins. Would anyone here like to recommend and share tools they use in GIMP?

• 2 months later...

I started with Photoshop, before it was a subscription service... for drawing I just use Krita now. It's free and there are a lot of users who throw up tutorials and downloadable brushes and presets.

Totally depends on what you're doing with it ....I like free, so that was what drew me to Krita from photoshop.

Some tutorials will show you other programs to use for fonts and stuff. Krita sucks for writing. 

• Like 1

I still use the old Adobe stuff (before the subscriptions). I did try GIMP out a few times but since I generally don't use all those programs a lot (maybe once every three months) and I initially got used to the Adobe stuff, I never got around to using GIMP much.

Edited by Illusion of Terra