What are your goals for the new year?

SerpentGod

As 2019 and the previous decade come to a close, what are your goals and hopes for 2020?

I want to get back into going to the gym. College started in August, and I stopped going to the gym after. My next semester starts next month, but I want to tie exercise back into my schedule like before. I lost a lot of weight prior to school, but have gained a little of it back. Hopefully I can re-integrate the gym into my day with school as well. I also want to develop and host my personal website soon. I've been working on it offline for a while, and its almost time to get a web server started for it. I'm just not to that point just yet Third, I want to leave my toxic job I'm doing now, and go into out I.T where I work. I suspect management will not move me though until I complete school.

So, what all are you hoping to do in 2020?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SerpentGod said:

As 2019 and the previous decade come to a close, what are your goals and hopes for 2020?

I want to get back into going to the gym. College started in August, and I stopped going to the gym after. My next semester starts next month, but I want to tie exercise back into my schedule like before. I lost a lot of weight prior to school, but have gained a little of it back. Hopefully I can re-integrate the gym into my day with school as well. I also want to develop and host my personal website soon. I've been working on it offline for a while, and its almost time to get a web server started for it. I'm just not to that point just yet Third, I want to leave my toxic job I'm doing now, and go into out I.T where I work. I suspect management will not move me though until I complete school.

So, what all are you hoping to do in 2020?

My goals for 2020 issss

1.) Pass my licensure examination this time [main goal that is stopping me from doing other goals i want]

2.) Make my dream projects come true [make a video game, maybe start YT channel]

3.) Lose weight, same as your's, im 80kgish last i checked (which was when i donated blood), and its the right weight for my BMI, but i feel i can still lose weight

And while on the process of losing weight, gain some muscles, to pull of cosplays xD

4.) Cosplay on next cosmania event (which is april-ish if im not mistaken ?)

Those are my only goals for 2020, bonus points if other fun stuff happens in 2020 xD

Just gotta pass my licensure exam, to actually start my other dreams thoooo

• Like 2

9 hours ago, XII360 said:

2.) Make my dream projects come true [make a video game, maybe start YT channel]

Now that I think of it, I really want to record more music and make a YouTube channel as well, maybe a sound cloud. I have all the gear and equipment I need (except for cameras, but I want to focus on audio production anyway and not video). Between work and school, I barely ever even feel like going to the gym, much less actually recording.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, XII360 said:

Being the piano and violin

I have always wanted an electric violin, as pictured below.

spacer.png

I have no idea how it works, but I'd love to find out. I think it would make recording very easy to do, since it does not require a microphone like a normal violin.

• Like 2
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Probably look in on having knee surgery from an old track accident soon. Thinking about looking into another job. Right now I feel stuck and aimlessly looking around for inspiration. Maybe this year will lead to much needed soul searching?

• Like 3

-Start learning to drive at the end of April, as I will finally be 17.😁

-Get the highest grades on all my assignments from now so that I can achieve my target by the end of my course.

-Start working out (can't stay a stick insect forever)

-Lastly, go on a trip with just me and my friends. Since me and my friends will be learning/have learned to drive, I want to make the most of it. I'd like to go to Alton Towers for a day or two, but I'm not sure my friends would find that as fun as I would...

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I got all focused on losing the weight and didn't even mention the things that actually matter to me this year haha. So I'm gonna try again, in no particular order:

• Lose 45lbs (already mentioned that)
  • Get working again (I've been unemployed since July 2019. It's been rough, here and there, but overall everything has been fine. Slowly though, everyone is getting ready to hire people again, as we approach busier seasons in town)
  • Save up $1000+ to put as a lump sum on my student loan, to make up for the last six months that I've been on repayment assistance.
  • Do more creative projects and explore more in my newfound art style

Bonus:

• Travel to some places we've been wanting to visit
  • Get my motorcycle license

The "Bonus" items are actually what we originally had planned for 2020 anyway. But due to unexpected circumstances and working towards getting back on our feet, we've decided to change gears and let 2020 be more of "focus" year to let ourselves save up some money and generally focus on some needed life improvements (we've outgrown our current place, it's time to find something better suited to our needs). More than likely, these "Bonus" items we'll shelve until 2021, when we're going to be kicking ass anyway.

Right now though? It's grind time to get some much needed XP before venturing further! 

• Like 3

This year is going to be quite a piece of work.
My current position is running out in September, which means that I have to find a new position. The one I had so far was alright all things considered but it just didn't pay enough. I am writing grants to create my own position but it's quite a hassle. I do have a secure, low-paying, alternative if neither of my grants get through, nor I find another adequate position, but I have been trying to avoid this for over a year.

Regardless of which of those I get, I will (have to) move which I am looking forward to (since there are a huge number of problems with my current place), and hope I'll find something decent this time (with neighbors that are not out of their minds).
Might be that I'll even move to another continent. Currently I am looking into stuff in Europe (France/Germany/UK), North America and even Japan (for something between two and five years). Japan is still rather far-fetched but it is an option and I'll have to look into how probable it is. It might be a great experience though.

So yeah, it all depends on what kind of job I'll get 😂 Hopefully once I'm settled in, I'll have some time for anime and other stuff in the last quarter of the year.

• 5 months later...