SerpentGod

What are your goals for the new year?

As 2019 and the previous decade come to a close, what are your goals and hopes for 2020?

I want to get back into going to the gym. College started in August, and I stopped going to the gym after. My next semester starts next month, but I want to tie exercise back into my schedule like before. I lost a lot of weight prior to school, but have gained a little of it back. Hopefully I can re-integrate the gym into my day with school as well. I also want to develop and host my personal website soon. I've been working on it offline for a while, and its almost time to get a web server started for it. I'm just not to that point just yet Third, I want to leave my toxic job I'm doing now, and go into out I.T where I work. I suspect management will not move me though until I complete school.

So, what all are you hoping to do in 2020?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SerpentGod said:

As 2019 and the previous decade come to a close, what are your goals and hopes for 2020?

I want to get back into going to the gym. College started in August, and I stopped going to the gym after. My next semester starts next month, but I want to tie exercise back into my schedule like before. I lost a lot of weight prior to school, but have gained a little of it back. Hopefully I can re-integrate the gym into my day with school as well. I also want to develop and host my personal website soon. I've been working on it offline for a while, and its almost time to get a web server started for it. I'm just not to that point just yet Third, I want to leave my toxic job I'm doing now, and go into out I.T where I work. I suspect management will not move me though until I complete school.

So, what all are you hoping to do in 2020?

My goals for 2020 issss

1.) Pass my licensure examination this time [main goal that is stopping me from doing other goals i want]

2.) Make my dream projects come true [make a video game, maybe start YT channel]

3.) Lose weight, same as your's, im 80kgish last i checked (which was when i donated blood), and its the right weight for my BMI, but i feel i can still lose weight

And while on the process of losing weight, gain some muscles, to pull of cosplays xD

4.) Cosplay on next cosmania event (which is april-ish if im not mistaken ?)

Those are my only goals for 2020, bonus points if other fun stuff happens in 2020 xD

Just gotta pass my licensure exam, to actually start my other dreams thoooo

• Like 2

9 hours ago, XII360 said:

2.) Make my dream projects come true [make a video game, maybe start YT channel]

Now that I think of it, I really want to record more music and make a YouTube channel as well, maybe a sound cloud. I have all the gear and equipment I need (except for cameras, but I want to focus on audio production anyway and not video). Between work and school, I barely ever even feel like going to the gym, much less actually recording.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SerpentGod said:

Now that I think of it, I really want to record more music

Oh right, this too, i doubt i can do this in 2020, but i also kind of wanna learn how to play some instruments

Being the piano and violin xD

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, XII360 said:

Being the piano and violin

I have always wanted an electric violin, as pictured below.

spacer.png

I have no idea how it works, but I'd love to find out. I think it would make recording very easy to do, since it does not require a microphone like a normal violin.

• Like 2
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

I try not to be too ambitious because in the last two years things end up going askew in my life and I just end up disappointed. My mother and my grandmother moved in and I've been having my hands full with taking care of them. My mother has been in and out of the doctors/hospitals for over two years now and we're starting to narrow her health issues down to Multiple sclerosis. Though, in late September of last year she got into a bad car accident (she's doing good from that, recovering well). On top of that, my grandmother is suffering from Alzheimer's. I've been going to classes with her and learning how to take care of her at home. All things considering, I'm somewhat optimistic about the new year. I get to work from home now (thank you technology!) and have been using the extra time to get back to certain hobbies.

A goal I've been working toward is finally finishing my novel and getting it published this year. It's been a project in progress for six years now, I'm ready for it to go somewhere. 

Renewing my photography license would be nice. I miss the freelance photojournalism I used to dabble in. 

Squeezing in a bit more charity work too.

As for my hopes. I really hope that some relatives can spare a little more time in lending a hand. They're greedy to a fault and hardly ever put aside their free time to help out with my grandmother (her own sons and daughters!). I spent last year hearing about how most of them went out on weekends to clubs, parties, celebrations, events, movies- etc. When I voiced my concerns I always got a reply about being young and thus having the energy to handle it all. It's very exhausting…. I'm happy that my job was able to reach out and help me get a more convenient position. I'm planning to have a dinner and a heart-to-heart with family. Definitely this year because I can't keep going like this! 😱

• Like 4

2020 could go a lot of different ways for me.  The only things on my radar that I'm hopeful for are the receiving of my Masters, and the paydown of student loans.  I'm trying to figure out if I'm at a point in life where I want to slow the pace down a bit, not sure yet.  I'm still very undecided there.  I know I have two regional symposiums to attend, and I'm sure I'm going to get more boots out of CONUS than just Korea this year too.  (Come onnnnn Germany!)

The only other things that I know I'll have this year, is that my whole office is doing a diet.  Each directorate in the building goes up against each other, and the ones to lose the most weight by April gets giftcards and stuff.  We're doomed, none of us have that much weight we can lose. lol

• Like 3

15 hours ago, The History Kid said:

2020 could go a lot of different ways for me.  The only things on my radar that I'm hopeful for are the receiving of my Masters, and the paydown of student loans.  I'm trying to figure out if I'm at a point in life where I want to slow the pace down a bit, not sure yet.  I'm still very undecided there.  I know I have two regional symposiums to attend, and I'm sure I'm going to get more boots out of CONUS than just Korea this year too.  (Come onnnnn Germany!)

The only other things that I know I'll have this year, is that my whole office is doing a diet.  Each directorate in the building goes up against each other, and the ones to lose the most weight by April gets giftcards and stuff.  We're doomed, none of us have that much weight we can lose. lol

Good luck on your Master's, that's where the real goals are (also, come on Germany!🤞😁).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

For 2020, I'm hoping to lose 45lbs haha! It actually won't be that difficult, I've already been a lot more active than I was for a period of time earlier in 2019.

• Like 2

Probably look in on having knee surgery from an old track accident soon. Thinking about looking into another job. Right now I feel stuck and aimlessly looking around for inspiration. Maybe this year will lead to much needed soul searching?

• Like 3

-Start learning to drive at the end of April, as I will finally be 17.😁

-Get the highest grades on all my assignments from now so that I can achieve my target by the end of my course.

-Start working out (can't stay a stick insect forever)

-Lastly, go on a trip with just me and my friends. Since me and my friends will be learning/have learned to drive, I want to make the most of it. I'd like to go to Alton Towers for a day or two, but I'm not sure my friends would find that as fun as I would...

• Like 2

Oh yeah, I got all focused on losing the weight and didn't even mention the things that actually matter to me this year haha. So I'm gonna try again, in no particular order:

• Lose 45lbs (already mentioned that)
  • Get working again (I've been unemployed since July 2019. It's been rough, here and there, but overall everything has been fine. Slowly though, everyone is getting ready to hire people again, as we approach busier seasons in town)
  • Save up $1000+ to put as a lump sum on my student loan, to make up for the last six months that I've been on repayment assistance.
  • Do more creative projects and explore more in my newfound art style

Bonus:

• Travel to some places we've been wanting to visit
  • Get my motorcycle license

The "Bonus" items are actually what we originally had planned for 2020 anyway. But due to unexpected circumstances and working towards getting back on our feet, we've decided to change gears and let 2020 be more of "focus" year to let ourselves save up some money and generally focus on some needed life improvements (we've outgrown our current place, it's time to find something better suited to our needs). More than likely, these "Bonus" items we'll shelve until 2021, when we're going to be kicking ass anyway.

Right now though? It's grind time to get some much needed XP before venturing further! 

• Like 3
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

This year is going to be quite a piece of work.
My current position is running out in September, which means that I have to find a new position. The one I had so far was alright all things considered but it just didn't pay enough. I am writing grants to create my own position but it's quite a hassle. I do have a secure, low-paying, alternative if neither of my grants get through, nor I find another adequate position, but I have been trying to avoid this for over a year.

Regardless of which of those I get, I will (have to) move which I am looking forward to (since there are a huge number of problems with my current place), and hope I'll find something decent this time (with neighbors that are not out of their minds).
Might be that I'll even move to another continent. Currently I am looking into stuff in Europe (France/Germany/UK), North America and even Japan (for something between two and five years). Japan is still rather far-fetched but it is an option and I'll have to look into how probable it is. It might be a great experience though.

So yeah, it all depends on what kind of job I'll get 😂 Hopefully once I'm settled in, I'll have some time for anime and other stuff in the last quarter of the year.