Art Tablets

SerpentGod

Greetings all.

I am currently in the market for a tablet. My only uses for this tablet will be web development (no server side development), art creation, and reading ebooks and mangas. While I proceed to do some market product research, I  would like to know if our fellow artists here would like to weigh in on what they think the best tablets are. My budget on this is $1500 USD. I do have a few requirements for what I need this tab to be though:

• a 64 bit UEFI
  • At least 8GB RAM (preferably DDR4, if that's a thing in tabs)
  • 1920x1080 screen (preferably 60Hz, but not necessary)
  • At least 2 USB 3.1 ports (USB 3.0 will work though)
  • To comfortably run Photoshop as well as other art creation tools
  • To comfortably run Microsoft Visual Studio Code for web development

I'll probably add to that list in time. I'm not expecting to buy this until several months from now anyway. Would anyone like to mention or recompensed a tablet that would suite my needs? I'll even buy a used one that's a little older if it will do as I listed above.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was going to suggest getting a ipad pro and use promake instead of photoshop BUT then I saw you needing coding software and was like....bah, you need android or its just annoying. 

Galaxy Tab s6 is really good for drawing (stylus has changed a lot).

Also see if you can go test the one you want to buy. You may not like the feel of the stylus on one vs another option.

I'm not really sure about the ports though....tablet vs laptop? 

Anyways, my biggest thing I wanted to reply, as I assume you will get more responses to this is YES try to buy used or refurbished. Refurbished mashes working parts together, gives you a warranty, looks like new and is so so much cheaper. I bought my ipad that way :)

good luck on your search!