Anyone here into rollerblading

SerpentGod

Considering this forum leans towards art and media, and not so much sports, I still want to ask; do any of you here rollerblade/inline skate? The hobby seems to be dying these days. I remember growing up in the 90's, there were plenty of people in the city doing it. Kids, teens, and adults all. Now, I believe I'm probably the only person in my small town that still does it, and even still its been a while.

Is it dead, or do I still have fellow inline skaters here on the forum? Cheers in advance for anyone who does.

If its relevant to know, I skate on Powerslide Phuzion Argons. I replaced the stock frames with 4x80mm frames.

I mean i used to roller blades, i had a simple one (image is kind of what mine looked like)

But it was then lost when we moved out

And i used to go outside with it, since it was cool, no one around us really did rollerblades though so i was alone on that part >.>

Currently, i have yet to ever see any stores sell rollerblades, seems its phased out in country i live at

not that id have time to go outside and play like i used too anyway

Screenshot_20191228-033233_Shopee.jpg

Sorry, closest I ever came was skateboarding.  (Back when it was a skate attached to a board.)  The area where I live is pretty hilly too, which makes things like skateboards that you can easily take off or dismount and carry uphill a better option.  That was long ago too.  These days I don't dare go near things like that!  :D

black-knight-skateboard.jpg.4d566307366bf9487ce1648a26bb0756.jpg

From what I can tell, all the activity seems to be in Europe; there's hardly any events pertaining to rollerblading here in the U.S and there is nothing here where I live. Not even in the big city. I kinda wish it would make a comeback.

• 2 years later...

I remember that when I was in junior school roller skates were the "IN" thing.  So I borrowed a friends skates.....

.....it didn't go well....

.......it was like Aarggghhhheeeeeargh THUMP!!...... 😱

.......fortunately I didn't break anything........

.....but I decided that roller skates weren't for me.  😄

1 minute ago, Kit said:

Same but it was basketball. From after lunch to sundown. 

Those were the fun days! I remember staying out all day with my friends from the neighborhood and school. We did all kinds of activities. Basketball, baseball, volleyball, tetherball, skating, cycling, boating at the lake. We would ride bikes to arcades and event restaurants that had games. xD X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, House of the Dead, Ghosts'N Goblins. My favorite thing ever as a teen was getting a cherry snow cone/shaved ice after a sports game. Kicking off the shoes and socks, laying on the grass. My favorite sound was the hum of the street lights and my friends' banter behind that. I really miss that. Being an adult is boring. 😝

• Friendly 1

4 minutes ago, prettyboy said:

Those were the fun days! I remember staying out all day with my friends from the neighborhood and school. We did all kinds of activities. Basketball, baseball, volleyball, tetherball, skating, cycling, boating at the lake. We would ride bikes to arcades and event restaurants that had games. xD X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, House of the Dead, Ghosts'N Goblins. My favorite thing ever as a teen was getting a cherry snow cone/shaved ice after a sports game. Kicking off the shoes and socks, laying on the grass. My favorite sound was the hum of the street lights and my friends' banter behind that. I really miss that. Being an adult is boring. 😝

Did you guys do any adventuring where you lived? My friends and I would hop on a train that ran through the city to get around faster. Looking back it probably wasn't a safe move. XD

We would bring a radio player onto the court. 

Do kids play outside these days? I never noticed.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

2 minutes ago, Kit said:

Did you guys do any adventuring where you lived? My friends and I would hop on a train that ran through the city to get around faster. Looking back it probably wasn't a safe move. XD

We would bring a radio player onto the court. 

Do kids play outside these days? I never noticed.

Very rarely. Speaking of trains, we did follow these old tracks to a haunted Native valley a few times. Never jumped on a train though. Oh, we never found any ghosts either. xD 

What was your favorite song back then? 😊

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, prettyboy said:

Very rarely. Speaking of trains, we did follow these old tracks to a haunted Native valley a few times. Never jumped on a train though. Oh, we never found any ghosts either. xD 

What was your favorite song back then? 😊

Ever done urban exploring? I feel a little stupid doing it at my age but I like old buildings and seeing what's been trapped in time. No ghosts either.lol

Don't make me say it it's embarrassing. XD 

• Friendly 1

1 hour ago, Kit said:

Ever done urban exploring? I feel a little stupid doing it at my age but I like old buildings and seeing what's been trapped in time. No ghosts either.lol

Don't make me say it it's embarrassing. XD 

No, but not for the want of trying.

There was a closed and derelict cinema in my town and I passed it every day on my way to junior school.  The way to get inside was well known and some did go in, my friend and I never managed it because our mothers could smell a torch at a thousand paces!   When it was demolished a few years later they took the back wall, the one where the screen would have been, down first so I did get to see inside it, and saw just how dangerous a place it was.

Still wish I'd been able to go in though.