Most Recent Movie Watched?

Kohloo

Just re-watched one of my favorite found footage style horror movies, The Atticus Institute & seriously thinking of re-watching one of the scariest movies I've ever seen, Sleep Tight. Sleep Tight is a Spanish horror film from 2011 & it's about this guy who works at an upscale apartment complex & stalks this woman. The lengths this dude went to to put this woman through absolute hell had me double checking stuff in my place before I went to bed for MONTHS after watching it. To say this guy is a monster is the understatement of the decade. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love, and I watched Scoob a couple weeks ago just had to see it. Because it is Scooby Doo, and that was one of my favs as a kid it gets points. I'd give it 7/10 at best. Wasn't anywhere near the classics though it was good for what it was for sure.  At the end of the day was at tthe very least a good time.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, I’m not much for movies. 
For anime movies it would probably be The Seven Deadly Sins the Movie: Prisoners of the Sky

& for general not-anime movies, The Tenth Doctor’s Christmas special. Damn, Doctor Who is a good show.

On 6/8/2020 at 10:00 PM, RuthisianCodex said:

Finally watched Spirited Away. I enjoyed but the lead character really annoyed the hell out of me. Even at the end she still got on my nerves lol. 

Hmm, she didn’t seem so annoying to me. What particular thing about her annoyed you?

Edited by OtakuKid
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OtakuKid said:

Hmm, I’m not much for movies. 
For anime movies it would probably be The Seven Deadly Sins the Movie: Prisoners of the Sky

& for general not-anime movies, The Tenth Doctor’s Christmas special. Damn, Doctor Who is a good show.

Hmm, she didn’t seem so annoying to me. What particular thing about her annoyed you?

She seemed rather whiny to me. I mean even at the end when she chose correctly, I still couldn't really cheer her on. 

On 8/2/2020 at 11:15 PM, efaardvark said:

Goblin Slayer - Goblin's Crown

I just watched this myself. What did you think about it? I really enjoyed it. 

57 minutes ago, RuthisianCodex said:
On 8/2/2020 at 9:15 PM, efaardvark said:

It wasn't bad but it seemed like it could have been much, much shorter.  Like 25 minutes shorter at least.  That much of it was scenes cut-and-pasted from the series.  I don't want to say the word "filler", but I will think it.  :)  Even then it was still an hour long beyond that.

That said, if taken as an "extra" episode of the original series it was fine.  It continued the original pace and style and did have quite a bit of new material, including a few good lines:

Slayer: "I'm going to kill the goblins."

"How many?"

Slayer: "Yes."

( I don't think that's a spoiler. :D )

I did think that for an adventurer the princess was a bit of a crybaby though.  I mean, even Goblin Slayer noticed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, efaardvark said:

4 hours ago, RuthisianCodex said:
On 8/3/2020 at 12:15 AM, efaardvark said:

It wasn't bad but it seemed like it could have been much, much shorter.  Like 25 minutes shorter at least.  That much of it was scenes cut-and-pasted from the series.  I don't want to say the word "filler", but I will think it. 

The fact that the 1st third was essentially a recap episode certainly didn’t help things. Though the prologue to the series notorious opening episode did give a bit more motivation as to why Priestess chose to be an adventurer. But yeah, new girl wasn’t really engaging. The remainder in my opinion wasn’t actually as good as a typical episode from the series. There was a minimal bit of world building though

how the God of Wisdom was not considered to be a benevolent force in the mythos

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The New Mutants 

as someone who was really into the X-Men titles back in the 80s & 90s I had serious misgivings about this one. But they actually did a better than expected job of incorporating elements of the original characters into the new storyline. Illyana is like a whole different character though they do manage to reference Limbo & Lockheed and she retains her teleportation portals & Soul Sword. Roberto also seemed different personality wise (and completely different in appearance) but Rahne, Sam & Dani were all recognizable. A lot of the details were sketchy, but enjoyed it overall & would actually be interested in a sequel.

pretty sure the name of the enemy organization “The Essex Group” is a reference to Nathaniel Essex, the alter ego of X-villain Mr. Sinister

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 1 month later...

The last movie I've watched is Brooklyn since it's part of my leaving cert English course, I tried watching it a few years back and didn't enjoy it at all but this year I feel like I just have a different perspective of it and loved it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Ender's Game. I think the books are more enjoyable from what I've heard, coz the movies seem to be made for a younger audience.

Spoiler

Ender's shown as this calculative mastermind who strategizes his way to victory, until you break down his strategies and see how basic they all are. If you've played military games for even a small length of time, or know stuff about guns, you'll see how Ender's strategies are more out of common sense than sheer intellect. There wasnt any mind blowing strategy behind it, but then again, I've seen the likes of Erwin Smith and Light Yagami in action, so my standards might just be set very high.

• 1 month later...