Most Recent Movie Watched?

Kohloo

The recent movie that I've watched is the conjuring 3 a.k.a conjuring: the devil made me do it. This movie becomes a popular horror in cinema. It was released last month so it was new. This story is also based on real life. This movie is really promising. Many ppl scared of this but it wasn't really lol

On 5/1/2021 at 6:53 AM, Zila said:

The new Mortal Kombat movie. It was good, I liked it. 😊

Yeah I also liked it and the brutality was good it seems real.

• 2 weeks later...

Went on a bit of of a Marvel mini-binge the past couple days. Rewatched Winter Soldier & Civil War. Then went to see Black Widow today.

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Zila said:

Then I saw Blood Red Sky and it revived my movie-night soul. 😆 Recommend it! 

Just added that one to my Netflix queue 

17 hours ago, Zila said:

Blood Red Sky

6 hours ago, Zila said:

Nice! Let me know what you think. Personally think that it has a nice touch of emotion for its type of mixed themes. 

Geez, that was intense. Seriously, my heart was racing almost non-stop for the last hour of the movie. There were actually times when it felt like there might have been too many moving pieces though. And they really needed to use a different image for the title listing because it’s a pretty significant spoiler 😂 

a lot of the Nadha/Elias scenes put me in mind of Ripley/Newt in Aliens, though things ended more tragically here. But man, he is one tough little bugger the risks  he was willing to take to try & help his mom. I really liked the way the vampires were portrayed, pretty basic appearance wise but nonetheless terrifying and they didn’t  rely heavily on keeping things obscured by shadows. And their movements being very feral & animalistic. I will say that it felt like there were some significant holes in the storyline, but I found an article that clears them up somewhat 

https://screenrant.com/blood-red-sky-ending-vampires-plane-hijacking-explained/

All in all, I feel like it ranks up there with 30 Days of Night, Salems Lot & Let Me In as one of my favorite vampire movies

• 3 weeks later...

Approximately 10 minutes of The Willoughbys, before deciding it wasn’t for me.
Then switched to The Mitchells vs The Machines. Yeah, that one I enjoyed.

• 2 weeks later...

Shang Chi & the Legrnd of the Ten Rings in many ways felt more like a martial arts film rather than a superhero one. Although the the creatures are based on Chinese mythology, still some recognizable as an anime fan (such as nine tailed foxes & the Forest King from Princess Mononoke). Enjoyed it quite a bit, though I’m not sure how to feel about it granting some relevancy to Iron Man 3 which I consider to be one of the worst MCU films 😂 Sets the stage for some interesting developments though.

As a bit of Marvel nerd trivia, the big green dude Wong fights is

classic Hulk villain The Abomination the way he looked in the comics as opposed to in the previous movie

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Zila said:

The Abominable Dr. Phibes.

One of my favorite movies to watch in October. ❤

Love those campy Vincent Price movies

image.gif.793d72919db33b415672553488a07689.gif

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 1 month later...

Eternals 

have to agree with the general consensus that it wasn’t as enjoyable as a typical Marvel movie. I think it tried to be too ambitious for it’s own good, plus the flashbacks felt awkwardly placed & the big reveals happened too early making the movie seem overly long. Also too many heroes to really develop, many of whom felt derivative of “that other company’s”characters. They even made jokes about Ikaris being Superman for all intents & purposes (also Thena = Wonderwoman & Makkari = Flash). I don’t know about it being the worst Marvel movie, but certainly subpar & it’s higher aspirations just made the shortcomings more noticeable.

Edited by Ohayotaku

Re-watched Crimson Peak for Halloween and They Live (wow, does that hit differently since 2020).

Dune was pretty good. The film makers at least took the film seriously, and it wasn't filled with a bunch of jokes (I am still scarred from Star Wars. The whole franchise has just been ruined for me, which kinda p*sses me off since I was so fond of it as a kid). A few diversions from the book, but I mean, it's a massive book so that' to be expected. Overall, I enjoyed it. I hope Part 2 pulls through. It would be nice to see at least the first three books made into films (spoilers)

Spoiler

since there's a lot of commentary about how power corrupts and the great "hero" actually...is not the hero at all later on...it's a pretty interesting series for something written in the 50s/60s.

It was also nice my partner's coworkers chipped in to rent the 30 seat theater, and only 10 people showed up. So we only had to pay $10 apiece for tickets, and were no where near anyone else in the theater, which I was paranoid about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Kreideprinz said:

No Country for Old Men. 

Kept wanting to share this here but don't know if anyone would appreciate it so, what the heck:

It's the dumbest/greatest 1980s martial arts/action homage comedy. xD If you're bored give it a go.

Edit: Should probably mention that the video is Rated for blood, Kung Fu-ish violence and language. No sexual content-etc. 

I have just finished to watch it and it was really good! I have never laugh this much in my life while watching a movie 🤣. Thank you so much for the recommendation 😁.

Spiderman: No Way Home  liked it better than Far From Home, but not as much as Homecoming. Pretty crowded, but still a satisfying culmination of the 3 separate franchises with plenty of easter eggs throughout

Was a bit disappointed that Michael Keaton’s Vulture didn’t make an appearance, but realistically there really wasn’t room for him & hopefully he’ll show up somewhere else later. While I realize that Green Goblin & Electro’s classic comic book costumes would just look stupid IRL, thought it was cool that there were a couple scenes that paid homage to them. I’m glad they ditched the Goblin mask early on, William Defoe’s deranged facial expressions were waaaaay scarier. And paired with that voice/laugh 😱
And of course Alfred Molina is a perfect Doc Ock

Edited by Ohayotaku

• 4 weeks later...

Watched the new Matrix movie and without spoiling it... I absolutely hate it. Feels like they just threw crap together and added Keanu Reeves to the mix just to get people to give the movie a chance and think it may be good... nope. 

• 2 weeks later...