Open Club  ·  47 members

Poetry Club

The Language of the Universe (Like an Endless Flood)

SAO LILDOOP

Title: Language of the Universe (Like an Endless Flood)

Bath towels and Cigarettes, long nights unaccompanied by rest, warm water above this bloody drain; I'm being drained myself, I'm being drained.

The drip drop of the faucet like an endless flood, wading through this water, wading through this mud. 

And the language of the universe, it knows my name. The language of the universe knows my name...

I'm not the same, I'm not the same. And the drip drop of the faucet like an endless flood. 

I wish I could turn it off but the handles broken. I wish I could shut it out but there's a crack underneath every door!

There's a crack underneath every door... Am I really living anymore?

This intrusive song echoing from beyond like a chinese gong, how long will it last, how long?

How long can I last? I can't deal with my past!

Because she's always got the joker and all I've got's the queen. 

And the drip drop of the faucet like an endless flood.

These sounds, they used to remind me of incandescent youth, when I was ignorant of the truth, when we... This song. 

And I wish I could turn it off but the handles broken! The handles broken! The handles broken! 

And I wish I could shut it out but I'm broken... there's no way out. 

And the knock at my door doesn't remind me anymore, of: her touch, her smile,

But only that of a corps's...

And her tongue sounds the same with much less flavour

and her palates unchanging even in danger, or when informed by a stranger...

Yet I've been here all the while, learning a second language to justify it.

But waters water even to the dead, the lame, the blind and those I try to keep out of my mind! And my mind...

"I'm just a sojourner here, I don't understand your language!" I wish I could say, 

but she'd only respond, "Then what's with that tear?" in drip drops, the language of the universe like an endless flood...

I can see it on his brow, in her frown, in the hiding of her face beneath her wedding gown... When will I drown

In the language of the universe like an endless flood?

Edited by SAO LILDOOP