What Are You Reading?

Kohloo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've just been reading Macbeth over and over again for this final assignment but after that I have a list of books to get through so I might throw up a list after this weekend!

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

The National Space Society was kind enough to put Heppenheimer's Colonies in Space online & I've had that open in my browser for a few days.  It is slow going since I can't spend long stretches of time reading off a computer screen but I'm working my way through it. 

If I get the chance I might spend a few minutes this weekend downloading it to my local hard drive so I can transfer it to my Boox & read it there.  I don't have any trouble reading e-ink displays, just LCD/LED ones.  I've had some success with OLEDs as well, but so far those are pretty small and/or still expensive.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

On 4/23/2022 at 10:04 AM, Otaking66lives said:

Honestly? Dungeons and Dragons player's handbook lol

👍

I used to play D&D a lot back in the day.  (I mean, what would you do if there were no computers, or internet?  Never mind smartphones, we didn't even have pocket calculators! :) )  For about 4 years - until the end of HS - paper-and-pencil RPGs like D&D were a twice-weekly thing with my local gaming crowd.  Sometimes also miniature/tabletop wargames.  Then came graduation and everyone went their separate ways pursuing jobs, college, and other annoying adulting activities.  These days we could have kept it together online but back then there wasn't a 'Net so that was kind of the end of it.  But I actually still have the original 3-book (softcover) boxed set for D&D from TSR, plus the expansion booklets, Greyhawk, Blackmoor, Eldritch Wizardry, and Gods, Demi-Gods, and Heros.  I got in trouble with my homeroom teacher in middle school (or "junior high" as they called it back then) for the cover of Eldritch Wizardry:D

• Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

New Orleans Ghosts was not particularly interesting. A few historical inaccuracies that left me skeptical in the recountal of certain events and customary practices. 

Currently reading The Wild Horses by Eve Bunting and Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, three volume edition. Starting with the Fellowship of the Ring. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just started reading the graphic novel adaptation of Brent Weeks' The Way of Shadows. Read the entire Night Angel trilogy about a year or two ago and it was fantastic! It'll be interesting to see some visuals to this story. I'm also reading Japanese Short Stories for Beginners. Thank god this book features furigana printed above the kanji!

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

What I'm currently reading is not a novel but a fairly thick magazine telling the story of the planning and building of one of London's biggest engineering projects, the recently opened "Elizabeth Line" London's new state of the art railway line.

• Wow 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I'm currently slowly working my way through the Muvipics Guide to Adobe Premiere Elements.

Ahh, got some video projects in the works? 😃 I'm entertaining the idea of making an AMV, but more of a lip-synched, comedy-type AMV. Don't know whether I want to attempt to record my own voice(s) over the footage, or just use audio clips from different movies/comedians/etc. Guess we'll see.

• Like 1