Animal Crossing: NH

EnviousEnvy

Anyone preorder or planning on getting the new Animal Crossing: New Horizons game? 

How about the new themed AC Switch console? 

Any thoughts about the game?

I preordered the game only since I already have a Switch console. Honestly besides the game I really only want the joycons if they sell them separately in th future. Don't necessarily care about the new console or dock itself since the only thing different about the console is the engraved back (which you won't really notice unless you flip it over) and the dock is kind of bleh to me (plus more than likely someone will come up with a better design imo). 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Mikeyboy636 said:

What is the appeal with this game, lots of people have told me it is just to num their mind after a long day? Is that true?

I am assuming you got the game in the end?

I got the game yes. It's kind of a Simulator game where you create your character befriend new villagers, expand your home, make the island yours (terraforming, planting flowers, trees, etc), hang out with online friends. It's a bit difficult to explain fully. I recommend watching some gameplay on YouTube to understand it better.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 8:20 PM, Mikeyboy636 said:

What is the appeal with this game, lots of people have told me it is just to num their mind after a long day? Is that true?

I am assuming you got the game in the end?

It's a hard game to explain. I wouldn't necessary call it a game where it "numbs your mind". The game is generally stressful especially if you're impatient. It's tedious with extra steps. However that's the addicting nature of Animal Crossing. You see your world slowly change overtime as you continue to come back everyday to make it better. Since you can't necessary do somethings the same day without "time traveling"(another form of cheating in which you change the in-game clock to skip to the next day without waiting in real time.) it makes people, like myself, come back the next day to continue where they left off, I guess. The best example I can personally give is comparing it with games like Farmville, Clash of Clans, etc. Just replacing time travel with fucking microtransactions rofl

I mean I loved harvest moon: back to nature on the PS1. and jesus was that a good game. if you played the game, its kind of the same concept but you get to pick and marry one of your villagers  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) but of course it comes with tedious grinding of selling things in your farm yada yada manually pick them up from your barn or crop field. 

I got the game. I'm still kind of far away from getting K.K. to visit the ye olde island, but it's looking promising. My island is on the southern hemisphere if you need anything I'm glad to help. I'm kind of greedy with my money so I'm literally saving up every bit I have. 

• Like 2

i love animal crossing and have new leaf for 3ds, but have no plan on getting a switch or the game ever in the future on account of it costs a damn fortune and i cant afford the console or to upkeep it, because the controllers also cost a ridiculous amount and thats something you need to replace over time with use. its just not worth it anymore, all the animal crossing games are the same anyway. ive been waiting for a game to come out on switch to give me enough reason to save up for it, but w/ pokemon they've removed everything i ever loved about the games, all the gens are gone, you need to pay for a membership to even have online connections from what ive heard, and playing with other players is what made pokemon so iconic, and i wouldnt waste that much money on a switch just to be able to play one animal crossing game when i already have new leaf.

like, im sure its cute, i just dont have the money to waste on it and have better things to do with it.

6 hours ago, cowboy said:

i love animal crossing and have new leaf for 3ds, but have no plan on getting a switch or the game ever in the future on account of it costs a damn fortune and i cant afford the console or to upkeep it, because the controllers also cost a ridiculous amount and thats something you need to replace over time with use. its just not worth it anymore, all the animal crossing games are the same anyway. ive been waiting for a game to come out on switch to give me enough reason to save up for it, but w/ pokemon they've removed everything i ever loved about the games, all the gens are gone, you need to pay for a membership to even have online connections from what ive heard, and playing with other players is what made pokemon so iconic, and i wouldnt waste that much money on a switch just to be able to play one animal crossing game when i already have new leaf.

like, im sure its cute, i just dont have the money to waste on it and have better things to do with it.

I mean if money is a factor in your decision, I wouldn't argue to why you won't buy one. I honestly too, felt the same about games regarding the Switch. I was rarely introduced to Nintendo games when I was younger- more of a Playstation kid growing up. So I never found interest in their products. Games, consoles, or merchandises. Except for 2 games: Animal Crossing and Pokemon. When I was a kid I had a bunch of 10 to 11 year old friends sharing me their DSs and shit. Anyways... I would sorta agree that all Animal Crossing games are generally the same with minor tweaks and stuff. But wouldn't you think Pokemon is too? Please don't get me wrong. I love Pokemon. Even though I only started getting invested into Pokemon during high school with emulators and stuff, I played all the main line titles from Gold to Black on just PC emulators(might be cheating BUT IM STILL A FAN). Might be just be since I sorta played the game wrong by not transferring Pokemon between Generations, but I had a blast. However, I still think they're pretty repetitive. Just different Pokemon in every entry with generally the same mechanics. 

I'd also agree Sword and Shield is "non traditional" to past titles: Gyms replaced in kind of a "sport", different methods into finding and capturing Pokemon, smaller cuts in to map direction etc. But we gotta consider this is an actual mainline Pokemon game on a console. Unlike most fans think, I believe this game too will be cared with the "3 year" treatment Nintendo gives their first party exclusive. Is it a cash grab? hard to argue that tbh lol. I have no doubt, in the end, this will be the biggest Pokemon game; However, it will come with a pretty hefty cost if you're along the ride with it. 

I talk to much. i swear im not a fan boy. i can careless about nintendo ;-;... since you love pokemon just wanted to give you my two cents.

6 hours ago, cowboy said:

you need to pay for a membership to even have online connections from what ive heard,...

sorry this kind of triggered me lool. dude it's like hella cheap compared to the xbox and ps4. its like 20 bucks a year(even cheaper if you get 2 to 8 friends and divide that by 35 bucks with the family pack). I'm just surprised they made it that small considering this day and age

On 4/20/2020 at 4:02 AM, Fraggiebaby said:

It's a hard game to explain. I wouldn't necessary call it a game where it "numbs your mind". The game is generally stressful especially if you're impatient. It's tedious with extra steps. However that's the addicting nature of Animal Crossing. You see your world slowly change overtime as you continue to come back everyday to make it better. Since you can't necessary do somethings the same day without "time traveling"(another form of cheating in which you change the in-game clock to skip to the next day without waiting in real time.) it makes people, like myself, come back the next day to continue where they left off, I guess. The best example I can personally give is comparing it with games like Farmville, Clash of Clans, etc. Just replacing time travel with fucking microtransactions rofl

I mean I loved harvest moon: back to nature on the PS1. and jesus was that a good game. if you played the game, its kind of the same concept but you get to pick and marry one of your villagers  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) but of course it comes with tedious grinding of selling things in your farm yada yada manually pick them up from your barn or crop field. 

I got the game. I'm still kind of far away from getting K.K. to visit the ye olde island, but it's looking promising. My island is on the southern hemisphere if you need anything I'm glad to help. I'm kind of greedy with my money so I'm literally saving up every bit I have. 

It is interessting concept, I just not sure I can pay the 49.99 so may wait till ity is bit cheaper second hand or something and pick it up.

On 4/19/2020 at 10:02 PM, Fraggiebaby said:

I'm not time traveling in this one but have to admit it's hard not to. I believe I caught all the fish for the month of April with the exception of the Blue Marlin and Tuna. I almost have all the bugs for the month too. 

I am excited about the Earth Day update that happened late last night (not sure if Southern Hemisphere is getting it as well but I'm in Northern). 

3 hours ago, Fraggiebaby said:

@EnviousEnvy Oh damn. I couldn't get on that night so I really don't know. Coming from friends, It did appear to happen. Did I miss out much? lol I honestly haven't been up keeping my island recently ;-; 

If you're talking the night it updated, no it didn't change anything until the next day. Earth Day event goes on until May 4th.