Help finding an Anime played on YTV in Toronto Canada

emceevan

Question

Hi,

I hope someone can help track down an obscure Anime I saw well over 20 years ago when I was living in Toronto Canada.  There was a station I believe called YTV where they played many anime series and sometime feature length movies.  This is where I was introduced to Inuyasha and Dragon Ball Z, etc.

The movie in question was set in feudal Japan.  Art style similar to Inuyasha but with a very mature theme.  I was frankly shocked at a young age that it appeared on cable tv without edit.  Very brutal fight scenes with blood and from what I recall even a demon having his way with a girl.  I can't remember the plot exactly but it was I think tracking down and killing demons etc.  But the art style was superb and incredible action scenes.  For the life of me I have been trying to track down this movie for many years and have now need to resort to asking for help...lol.

I hope someone offer some suggestions. 

Thank you

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Thanks for all the feedback.  I looked into the titles mentioned but none looks like what I recall seeing years ago.  Apart from the fight sequences the adult nature of one scene with demon having his way with a woman is the only thing I can think of to help track it down.  I was shocked that such a thing would be on tv early morning hours on YTV station.  Other than that 1 scene the animation was superbly drawn.  Superior to Inuyasha in my opinion.  Very engaging.