Ranma 1/2: Nihao my Concubine

Project A-ko (the first one)

Little Witch Acadrmia/The Enchanted Parade

Princess Mononoke

Children Who Chase Lost Voices

Mary & the Witch’s Flower

Patema Inverted

Expelled from Paradise

This was a great topic thread...why did it defuse? Great post of favourite anime movies from the users. Surprised to see Project-Ako in a list that's not mine. Almost anything Ranma 1/2 I own and like. I think that one is the first movie. Anyway, here's my favourite anime movie list:

- Biohunter

- Wicked City

- A Wind Called Amnesia

- Project A-ko: Love & Robots

- Psycho Diver

- Ninja Scroll

- My Neighbor Totoro

-Lupin the lll: Farewell to Nostradamus

-  Perfect Blue

- Fist of the North Star the movie

- Street Fighter 2: The Movie

- Lily C.A.T.

- Lensman: Secret of the Lens

- Venus Wars, Big Wars, Vampire Wars

- Vampire Hunger D

- Golgo 13: The Professional

-GoShogun: Time Etranger

Not all of these are gold -- they tend to be more subjective toward my taste in anime in general. I would recommend more than 6 out of the list, though. 

@Koshigaya23

The original A-ko was one of the first anime I bought on VHS & the soundtrack is one of the few anime cds I own. The follow ups didn’t have the same appeal for me though (Cinderella Rhapsody is probably my favorite of those). I’d love to see it get a reboot with modern production values, though I think Kill la Kill  is probably the closest we’ll ever get.

The 2nd Ranma 1/2 movie is my favorite because it dedicated a scene to each of the secondary ships (Shampoo/Mousse, Ukuo/Ryoga & Nabiki/Kuno). Plus the fanservice with the female cast mostly in swimsuits or harem outfits 😊

I’ve tried a couple times getting into the Lupin III tv series, but really didn’t click with me. I did like Castle of  Cagliostro though & intend to check out the other movies & A Woman Named Fujiko Mine.

A couple that didn’t make my list but still are really nostalgic for me:

Tenchi Muyo in Love

Dirty Pair: Project Eden

Devil Hunter Yohko

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

On 5/14/2020 at 2:43 PM, Ohiotaku said:

@Koshigaya23

The original A-ko was one of the first anime I bought on VHS & the soundtrack is one of the few anime cds I own. The follow ups didn’t have the same appeal for me though (Cinderella Rhapsody is probably my favorite of those). I’d love to see it get a reboot with modern production values, though I think Kill la Kill  is probably the closest we’ll ever get.

The 2nd Ranma 1/2 movie is my favorite because it dedicated a scene to each of the secondary ships (Shampoo/Mousse, Ukuo/Ryoga & Nabiki/Kuno). Plus the fanservice with the female cast mostly in swimsuits or harem outfits 😊

I’ve tried a couple times getting into the Lupin III tv series, but really didn’t click with me. I did like Castle of  Cagliostro though & intend to check out the other movies & A Woman Named Fujiko Mine.

A couple that didn’t make my list but still are really nostalgic for me:

Tenchi Muyo in Love

Dirty Pair: Project Eden

Devil Hunter Yohko

Looks like the thread came back momentarily. In my opinion, the first Tenchi movie was a little slow. I get the idea that it's a romantic tale of how Noboyuki met Tenchi's mom and why Tenchi has power if his father is clearly just a goofy earth guy. The second movie was much better. It was marketed in N.A. under the title, Tenchi the Movie 2: Daughter of Darkness. It is basically a summary of the story of Tenchi in Tokyo minus the 26 slow episodes and the whole Tenchi in college bit. I honestly think that Shin Tenchi Muyo was just an after marketing of the second movie with less guff. 

To get into the Lupin series and like it means to abandon the idea of friendly Miyazaki Lupin. The manga was dark and the show starts off with Lupin like so. However sometime during production of series 2...The writers/animators (one of which was Hayao Miyazaki) suggested to tone down Lupin. After the first movie was made Lupin just got softer and more friendly. Not bad...but I liked the original Lupin a bit more. 

Great topic...I hope to read more. 

received_295232501460780.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

My absolute favorite anime movies are Koe no katachia and Maquia: When the Promised Flower  Blooms. But I also highly recommend the following: Kimi no Nawa, I want to eat your pancreas, The Garden of Words, Hello World, Weathering with you, Anthem of the heart, Tamako love story, Wolf children, and Hotarubi no Mori e.

On 5/16/2020 at 6:04 PM, Koshigaya23 said:

Looks like the thread came back momentarily. In my opinion, the first Tenchi movie was a little slow. I get the idea that it's a romantic tale of how Noboyuki met Tenchi's mom and why Tenchi has power if his father is clearly just a goofy earth guy. The second movie was much better. It was marketed in N.A. under the title, Tenchi the Movie 2: Daughter of Darkness. It is basically a summary of the story of Tenchi in Tokyo minus the 26 slow episodes and the whole Tenchi in college bit. I honestly think that Shin Tenchi Muyo was just an after marketing of the second movie with less guff.

That's just it....

Noboyuki is very much not "just a normal Earth guy". Even if you don't read the novels, it's clear from Tenchi Muyo War on Geminar that Noboyuki is a direct descendant of the Jurian Royal line (and you can assume from there Yosho's son.....let's face it, he's still young by Jurian standards and he got around). The big reveal for those who just follow the anime in Geminar was Kenshi's ability to make his own light hawk wings (though not as sophisticated as Tenchi's. Let's face it, the inbreeding that resulted in Tenchi probably distilled that ability down to it's truest potential.). You have to question after WoG, did Achika know that she was dating and marrying her brother (even if only a half brother)? Did they never mention it to her? So many questions.

I must say, that DoD is a summary of TiT in movie form is an interesting thought to ponder.

I'd say Wolf Children. Only anime that ever made me cry.

10 minutes ago, Beocat said:

That's just it....

Reveal hidden contents

Noboyuki is very much not "just a normal Earth guy". Even if you don't read the novels, it's clear from Tenchi Muyo War on Geminar that Noboyuki is a direct descendant of the Jurian Royal line (and you can assume from there Yosho's son.....let's face it, he's still young by Jurian standards and he got around). The big reveal for those who just follow the anime in Geminar was Kenshi's ability to make his own light hawk wings (though not as sophisticated as Tenchi's. Let's face it, the inbreeding that resulted in Tenchi probably distilled that ability down to it's truest potential.). You have to question after WoG, did Achika know that she was dating and marrying her brother (even if only a half brother)? Did they never mention it to her? So many questions.

Reveal hidden contents

I must say, that DoD is a summary of TiT in movie form is an interesting thought to ponder.

I'd say Wolf Children. Only anime that ever made me cry.

One that made me cry was GoShogun: Time Etranger (A.K.A. The Time Stranger when released under U.S. Manga Corps). 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Your Name 

Summer Wars

Tokyo Godfathers ( love me some Keiko Nobumoto ❤️

Howl’s Moving Castle ( I like a few Ghibli movies, but Howl’s is my favorite 💕

Promare 

And shoutout to Redline, which is an excellent movie even if it’s not necessarily an all-time favorite of mine personally. 👍✨