Noob Here

Nyxnine

Hi, I'm new to the forums. I used to frequent another anime forum back in the day, however, their user frequency has gone down quite a lot over the years. 

It's been a long time since I've been on a forum. Thought it would be neat to meet new people, find out whats happening in the anime/manga scene and see how this site is. 

I love anime and manga, video games, drawing, and writing, and music. 

Sooo, I suppose, any topics/threads anyone would recommend for me to check out?

Nyx

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it here 😁

On the anime side of things the What are you Currently Watching & Post Your MAL threads can be a good way to find other members who enjoy the same sort of series. I see you posted some drawings, so you should check out the art section & sometimes we have contests. Generally speaking members around here are friendly, so feel free to join any conversations that catch your attention.

• Like 1

Thanks Ohiotaku, 

I'll check out those threads...and yeah, I'm now wishing I had looked into posting better. I see some people had galleries LOL I feel like I spammed with my work. I assumed it would categories it together. That's cool that they do competitions though :)

I started getting back into anime once more shows started popping up on Netflix and Amazon hahah at that point I ended up logging into crunchyroll again.

The new art styles are so clean.

Any who, thanks again for the welcome ^^v

Edited by Nyxnine

1 hour ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Hi there! Great to have more people from Canada here! your pfp is great 😂 

I'm not as cool as you XD what does pfp mean? Profile pic? LMAO I feels old now.

IF SO - thank you I was playing around with tablet for settings haha

Is there a decent amount of Canadians on here? 

• Silly 1

lol battle of the ageists ^^;;;; hahaha I'm going to learn all the slangs 

hmm teaching about Canada that's funny. Its not that different then the states. Although you wont see as many billboards recommending lawyers like...ever :P

It seems this forum has a lot of people from all over the world though :)  

• Silly 1

1 hour ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Rumor has it, they were around when all the continents were still Pangea

Hey hey HEY!  I resemble that remark!  Just because I predate the ‘Net and personal computers is no reason to get nasty.  I’ll bet YOU don’t even know how to use a slide rule.  Get off my lawn!

( :)  )

• Silly 1

@Anime loveer its awesome even if you aren't close to Canada haha its nice to meet people from all over. That's the nice thing about forums. 

Are you from Asia and just visiting the states? If so, thats a pretty big deal! You must have a lot of interesting experiences. 

lol @efaardvark I'm not going to lie, I was waiting to see how either of you would react to being called "old" >< hah 

SO wait, flip phone, brick phone or rotary? :P 

I feel like this forum will be interesting already. I wont lie, I miss a lot of the camaraderie from the last forum I was on. Especially when you have a user base that has been together for a long time :D

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

13 minutes ago, Nyxnine said:

SO wait, flip phone, brick phone or rotary?

I actually do still have a wired rotary phone.  Mostly just for my amusement when house guests want to use the phone however.  I’m typing this on an iPhone 8+.  (My other computers are a MacBook Air laptop and a self-built Linux desktop.)

20 minutes ago, Nyxnine said:

@Anime loveer its awesome even if you aren't close to Canada haha its nice to meet people from all over. That's the nice thing about forums. 

Are you from Asia and just visiting the states? If so, thats a pretty big deal! You must have a lot of interesting experiences. 

Actually , i've been living here all my life , my parents were chinesed , so i know chinesed , its cool knowing new people , like you

5 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

do Californians even have grass?

Sometimes.  There’s a brief period between the winter rain (note singular) and when fire season starts when you can often find a bit of it.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

@The History KidIts refreshing to feel like a “junior” on here. I was worried it would be weird going back on a forum and having more younger demographics. I've been pleasantly surprised thus far at the wide range of users!

LOL I'll make sure to avoid all grassy areas if I head down to Cali again :P

@efaardvark Oh dear, I feel you about the weather. I experience bipolar weather day to day haha sometimes hourly ^^; (Alberta memes) 
That's awesome about the rotary phone, we used to have one at my dad's house. Its the perfect add in to any horror movie watching session.

I mainly use my lenovo laptop, but I also have an ipad, and desktop. I'm more of a PC girl myself, not really big into mac computers. Although, I do like my ipad! I've never gotten into Linux looks....overwhelming to me hahaha.

@Anime loveer its always a pleasure to chat. That's cool you're Chinese. Do you know Canto or Mandarin?

13 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Hey hey HEY!  I resemble that remark!  Just because I predate the ‘Net and personal computers is no reason to get nasty.  I’ll bet YOU don’t even know how to use a slide rule.  Get off my lawn!

the 'get off my lawn' was the icing on the cake 😂 

I do know how to use one of these, so close enough (although not with inches, feet or ells or whatever you guys use)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/18/Caliper_detail_view.jpeg

Edited by Illusion of Terra

15 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Rumor has it, they were around when all the continents were still Pangea

13 hours ago, Nyxnine said:

I'm not going to lie, I was waiting to see how either of you would react to being called "old" >< hah 

Saying “OK, Boomer” will get you on my ignored user list.

13 hours ago, The History Kid said:

@efaardvark is our resident old timer though, isn't he?  I'm still taken aback by how junior I am to some of the other actives on here.

I think he has a few years on me, but we’re in the same decade anyway.