How's your toilet paper?

Nyxnine

@The History Kid I think that's true for the staunch anti-vaccine people who are convinced that vaccines cause autism. some people like some flat earthers would probably not be convinced even if they would fly out to space and see earth themselves.

But maybe those who just didn't bother vaccinating and are not really anti vaccine might reconsider now. maybe not though, but I'd be interested if someone would make a study on this

I'm really worried about what is to come...because I got only 4 rolls of toilet paper left. What to do when they are all used up? I really am worried...🤭 

As we all know the corona virus was also just a topic people made fun of on the internet until things really took a turn to the worse and it amazes me how ignorant some people actually are to call it a hoax or pure nonsense and claim it was made up by the government so they could justify their doing. (for example travel restrictions, lockdowns etc..)

If I ever had to write on a topic such as the corona virus (Covid-19) outbreak in 2020 in the future and were asked to sum it up in one word then it would be: underestimation. Not just from the people on the internet but also from the politicians of the respective countries for taking measures way too late. Well, as the saying goes...we learn through mistakes.

I can't help but facepalm on the fact that people started to steal toilet paper from one another. I consider myself lucky to be able to wittness this all with my own eyes because I realize how dangerous it is if humans actually fall into panic. If this panic were to spread like the corona virus in a rapid speed...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, The History Kid said:

You should really read the article I posted a few posts up.  You have little to nothing to worry about.

I thought the emoji as well as the way I worded it would indicate that this was meant to be sarcastic. 

4 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

There's another saying too: "you can put yourself in someone else's shoes, but that doesn't mean you have the same information."

You can take precautions regardless of whether you have enough information. For example, restricting travel to/from China until further notice.

1 minute ago, The History Kid said:

The emoji didn't load for me. My bad.

As for travel restrictions, I dunno about the rest of the world but, the U.S. did do that.

I do live in Europe so we most likely got a different point of view. 

the hoarding of TP is unwarranted - COVID-19 is a respiratory illness, YOU WILL NOT SHIT YOUR BRAINS OUT!! LOL

my roommate and i have 12 rolls left and are using it sparingly but also aren't worried the shelves will eventually refill and people who bought more than they can stash away in their houses will feel very silly soon.

most ridiculous thing i saw was a lady with TWELVE gallons of milk in her cart at the checkout XD like, what!? how can you possibly use all of that even if all you eat is cereal??? panic does such strange things

• 2 months later...

This is really insane. Tp here is pretty good, they are rationing it but we (pre-virus) buy 20-ish rolls at a time so we only have to re-stock every three or four weeks anyway. When this hit we had just bought a new batch so we’re good. The weirdest thing I’ve seen? I dunno. Everything is pretty normal, and, as I mentioned in my blog, I’m not really anxious about this.